Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Exclamation Stupid!!!!mistake!!!

Hey Guys,
    Need some help, I thought I was getting water in through my bow hook at front of ski where I torque down when trailering. Well I tried taking it off to seal it up and stubborn me without thinking project through stripped out the top allen bolt then tried to re-drill and tap then on top of that put some JB weld on it. Hoping it would stay in place.
    I looked in the hull and did not see access to any kind of back plate which I know there is so that I could just take off and replace.
    I was riding with my buddy who works at Action Kawasaki and he said to bring it by the shop but you guys can usually help me out without charging me an arm and a leg and w/o having to go O.E.M...
    HELP..........

+1
    on the parts fish it shows the threaded section is removable possibly has a allen key head to remove from the hull??? i havent got my ski here at home so cant look sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bow hook.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	109587  

+1
    I can not find access through the hull of the boat...Or maybe I need to get my head in their a little further.....OOOPPPSSSS that did'nt sound to good...

on my gp you had to remove the foam and it was way up in there. I bet if you got in there with a mirror you might see something. That would be stupid if they covered it with fiberglass. That is a tow hook and should be able to be fixed with ease. I feel that should be a safety issue.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    I read this on one of the forums... you have to cut an access hole (from the inside) then seal it back up... there is a double wall system if i remember right..foam is between the outside and inside.... cut the inside fix your bolt then refiberglass the peice you cut out back in.... leaving the outside intact

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    I read this on one of the forums... you have to cut an access hole (from the inside) then seal it back up... there is a double wall system if i remember right..foam is between the outside and inside.... cut the inside fix your bolt then refiberglass the peice you cut out back in.... leaving the outside intact
    +1 That is true.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    yup, gotta cut an access hole, and once you repair it, seal it well from behind with 4200/5200 so you know there is no water intrusion.

+1

Exclamation [email protected]$

That is not what I wanted to hear but oh well...How big of an access hole do you guys think.. 6" diameter? Is their foam as well Jim?? I mean after access hole then foam?? Or are you referring to foam bye the gas tank?? I think my dremel will work on this, If not brake out jigsaw....

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    That is not what I wanted to hear but oh well...How big of an access hole do you guys think.. 6" diameter? Is their foam as well Jim?? I mean after access hole then foam?? Or are you referring to foam bye the gas tank?? I think my dremel will work on this, If not brake out jigsaw....
    Once you cut the inside you will have foam in between that has to be cut out. I cut out a hole enough to fit your hand.

get a cheap hole saw(big lots sometimes has them cheap or harbor freight,both are here in fla.) , as you only need one cut out of it, this will leave a nice hole , a jig saw might plunge too far and bend that blade on the inside(not knowing how far your inside is away from the outside) ..a dremal would work with a bur cutter bit, but will be some work..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information