12-26-2008, 03:48 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- Cape Town, South Africa
removing the engine... what do i need to know
There doesnt seem to be any guides/tips for when someone removes the engine.
What does one need to know ?
12-26-2008, 03:51 PM #2
12-26-2008, 03:54 PM #3
Basic Motor Removal
- Remove the battery
- EFI-disconnect any sensors from the harness from the motor
- Remove spark plug wires
- Remove Cat temp sensor
- Remove exhaust temp sensor
- Remove all water lines supply and return from motor
- Carb-Remove the Fuel supply line and return line for carbs; if carbs are coming out too.
- EFI-Remove the Fuel supply line to the throttle body; if throttle body is coming out too.
- ...and/or remove the carb rack/throttle body from the intake manifold
- Loosen all rubber couplers [U-pipe to stinger and stinger to waterbox]
- Loosen 1 clamp inner grey coupler
- Remove the Stinger
- Remove the U-pipe
- Remove the driveshaft coupler guard
- Remove the intermediate shaft grease line from the cylinder head
- Re-install the lifting lugs on the head of the motor
- Remove the 4 motor mount bolts
- Lift engine with a chain fall or engine hoist
- As motor gets just past the hull line, remove the Positive cable to the starter
12-26-2008, 04:05 PM #4
yea wat he said but take some pics of the motor and wires and such that are confusing so u know wat goes where wen u put ti back together
or just mark everything clearly.
12-26-2008, 06:06 PM #5
- Buy a box of sandwich bags (clear). Separate and keep bolts in these bags while using masking tape to identify the contents of the bag.
- Mark the carb hoses/cables with marked tape (i.e. A,B,C etc) and take a pic.
- Make sure to mark on motor shims which side of the engine they came from.
12-26-2008, 06:40 PM #6
12-27-2008, 09:26 AM #7
12-27-2008, 12:43 PM #8
SBT has a very good section that shows engine removal with pics and very easy directions. I used it to pull mine and was a piece of cake....
03-26-2009, 10:49 AM #9
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Baton Rouge, LA
where do you get the lifting lugs?
03-26-2009, 10:57 AM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By bksbigboy69 in forum Sea Doo ClassifiedsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-07-2011, 01:13 PM
By Dazza169 in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2009, 10:35 AM
By Metal4130 in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-15-2007, 03:56 PM
By BrAinZ in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 8Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:28 AM