Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

96 Tigershark 770 Daytona intake grate help

Our intake grate on this TS has broken and I am looking for a performance upgrade for this shark.

Hard to find anything for this model year as I have looked around. This is the old body style with the 770.

This is a fun ski and runs great as it but would like to do some small upgrades. As our intake grate has partially broken we need a new one.

Any ideas on what would be compatible and a good upgrade? I was looking at some black magic parts but none seem to fit this years set up.

Many thanks

Xl760 on the water/ gp760 in shop for paint
    Have you checked on e-bay usually you can find them there for a decent price. You took a leap in the right direction by putting a post up here, You never know what things people have just laying around...

try groupk.com I know that he doesnt offer a performance upgrade for your model but I am not sure if the intake grate off the older 650 tigershark would fit yours. He is listing the price in which he is selling them for the 650 so he might have some still around from back in the day. I would ask around and see if a 650 one would fit yours and then if it does as groupk if they have any around.

I have been checking ebay and nothing has come up for my year.

Will give the guys at groupk a call. Looks like they are specific to the 650 but they should hopefully know as you suggest.

Thanks guys!

Did you contact group k yet or have any luck finding one anywhere eles?

I just sent an email out to a few different people who I know have a few tigersharks that they are parting out. I will post back if I find one. Also you said you looking for some upgrades. Have you changed out the stock prop on the ski. If not this is going to be first upgrade you will want to do. Contact Dave at impros.com about a prop he know everthing and sells a great product.

I did find a guy who has a tigershark and polaris junk yard. He would most likely have this part. Here is his number. 218-844-4968

I have a couple of Black Magic intake grates for the 96' Daytona 770's. $50 plus shipping from NC.

I used to have two of them and had many upgrades to them but sold them to get some three seaters once my boys got bigger.

I also had a 1996 Tigershark daytona 770, loved that thing, but it sure wasnt reliable........I bought it cause I have Arctic Sleds. I to remember busting my intake grate, they only made a performance grate for the older models, so I was told, I actually bought one on ebay, a oem of course, cause they werent available through cat anymore. the 96 had a large square back with four torx screws, and two upfront where the end of the grate towards the front of the craft. If you find a performance one post some pics, would like to see it. Flashback for me here lol, I had some mods done...waterbox, intakes, head, reeds. mine would do 59mph on gps. Pretty cool to still some sharks in exisitance.....especially the 96 daytona, nice color/graphics scheme. Post some pics!!!

Here are some picturs of the Black Magic grates i have.

Do you see anything els you need??? Have a whole room full of parts from most brands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1166.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	781.7 KB 
ID:	123956   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1167.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	799.2 KB 
ID:	123957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1168.JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	908.8 KB 
ID:	123958  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information