Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

I need opinion on fuel octane

Ive been considering getting a different fuel pump because I believe mine is at its max... Im running 60 lb. injectors with a rude fuel controler and a RRFPR. I am running the rotax 8800 ECU with a 2rude SC.
    last month I ran lean and fried a piston. I am gonna need to change fuel pump or...... Get higher test fuel ????
    If I go with higher test fuel, can I just get pump gas and add some type of octane booster? Or is there a special fuel....
    What would be my best option? And why....

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    Ive been considering getting a different fuel pump because I believe mine is at its max... Im running 60 lb. injectors with a rude fuel controler and a RRFPR. I am running the rotax 8800 ECU with a 2rude SC.
    last month I ran lean and fried a piston. I am gonna need to change fuel pump or...... Get higher test fuel ????
    If I go with higher test fuel, can I just get pump gas and add some type of octane booster? Or is there a special fuel....
    What would be my best option? And why....
    as we increase more boost we need to do the following.

use higher octane
    retard timing

it is wise to do so for that we do not cause detonation. as you have seen. it wouldnt be a bad idea to start adding 112 octane to our ski's if you plan to run high boost such as 16 psi and higher. i plan to mix 5 gal of 112 to 5 gal of 93.
    also as time goes by our ecu's need to be more user friendly to pull timing so we don't cause detonation.

also wouldnt hurt to add a knock senser light to indicate when it's happening. the more our ski's can tell us whats going on inside the more we can prevent destruction.

add 25 percent toluline or methal benzine that would bring the octaine somewhere around 110 octain mark,or if you put big enough injectors run 15percent methanol mixed in your fuel..anyway to cheap solutions

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    i have write many times " a rude fuel controler and a RRFPR" dont work at all !!!, we have never issues with pistons on our customer boats, and we run 17 psi @ 8750 all day (ROTAX RACINMG 2008 ECU). so there is a save way on pumpgas, just like the recomendation from ROTAX RACING and RIVA

you have to learn, that the information here is very good and helpfull if you stick to the specs of the aftermarket manufacturer at least from the big ones RIVA RACING and ROTAX RACING !, you can sure mix some parts with no issue. also a RRFPR is working well if you have the right application.

but to build a fast boat reliable, you need to be a professional or have the setup done by a professional. and you do not need to buy a 40K ROTAX RACING Engine to have a 85 mph reliable boat !!!!

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    if you are not a pro and dont want to pay for it, and if you can live with a mph les and a bit slower accelleration! get the RIVA RACING ECU at Jerrys store. with a big SC, 50 lb or 55 lb Injectors and a RRFPR, thats a setup that a lot of people run successfull with no issues ( more slow death ) just joking, but offcourse the reliability is not like stock.

very true mrracing i dont have any issues at 16-17psi i run autronic that i map and havent had a problem with my engines on any of my boats,but when runing 25psi plus i use vp import 130 octain and stile havent hert a piston yet on my 2 turbo boats ,rule of the thunb as boost rises take timing out

[QUOTE=mrracing;909290]i have write many times " a rude fuel controler and a RRFPR" dont work at all !!!, we have never issues with pistons on our customer boats, and we run 17 psi @ 8750 all day (ROTAX RACINMG 2008 ECU). so there is a save way on pumpgas, just like the recomendation from ROTAX RACING and RIVA

you have to learn, that the information here is very good and helpfull if you stick to the specs of the aftermarket manufacturer at least from the big ones RIVA RACING and ROTAX RACING !, you can sure mix some parts with no issue. also a RRFPR is working well if you have the right application.

but to build a fast boat reliable, you need to be a professional or have the setup done by a professional. and you do not need to buy a 40K ROTAX RACING Engine to have a 85 mph reliable boat !!!![/QUOTE

I have my RRFPR set at 74 (no vaccume)...
    It was still lean....
    Without insulting me, please explain what you mean?
    I dont want to run riva ECU... I love the rotax 8800.
    I just want to get Air / fuel right...
    Do I change octane???????????????????????? Or is 93 ok.....

what size injectors ???

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    the 93 octan is minimum but no problem in normal condition , to give the setup specs on the forum ,would not be fair to customer that have pay for a setup.
    60 lb Injector is also OK, because 72 or 83 lb as you run with a AUTRONIC ECU is not supported and make the situation worse

What?? Then Why do you give your opinion? Its worthless....

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information