SLT H 700 Bogging

Working on a 99 SLT H, it has a 700 motor, Dual Keihin carbs, about 140 hours. Guy bought the ski and it ran great, then it started bogging, soon as you give it throttle it boggs. Some time it will start right up, and sometime you have to choke it to start. I went thru and rebuilt the carbs, same problem, replaced the fuel lines, replaced the tank vent, drain the fuel tank and added new gas, also bypassed the fuel selector and went straight to the tank. Still no luck. The ski sounds good on the trailer, when you put it in the water, and give it throttle it begins to bog, give it more throttle and it dies. I even pulled the flywheel and look at the magnet. No matter what it still boggs.

HELP...

+1
    I see no mention of the fuel pump diaghrams or pulse line(s).
    Have you verified fuel pressure on the return line?
    You should have roughly 11/2 pounds at idle and make sure it doesn't drop to zero during acceleration.
    Have you verified timing?
    Where in HI are you? I'll be at the Hilton Waikaloa Village from Jan 7th thru the end of March, look me up.

SLT H 700 Bogging

I rebuilt the carbs, replace the fuel pump diaghram and pulse line. I have not checked the fuel pressure, I removed the flywheel and took a look just to ensure the front seal was good. Is there a static check to check the timing?

I'm on the island of Oahu. If I can't get this figured out will try and get in touch with you. Mahalo

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetworx hawaii View Post
    ...Is there a static check to check the timing?...
    The procedure for checking timing with a 9 volt battery and multi-meter (or a simple to make LED test light) is outlined in the Polaris service manual (service manuals are downloadable via links in the Tech section)

There is also a couple of threads describing the timing check process.

+1
    I have a similar problem.
    I have a 96 700 that will not rev past 2-3000 rpm on the trailer.Using an inline spark tester (can be bought for $3-$4 from E-bay or Harbour freight) I notice my spark gets very weak/dim.I changed the CDI and coil,still the same,I suspect I need a stator,I haven't replaced it yet to verify it is the problem.Sorry.

Your 99 should have the same stator,could possibly be the same problem.Check the spark while running.

SLT H 700 Bogging

Still having problem. When you close the choke about half way, the ski will transition with no problem. When the choke if open it bogs. I tried an external fuel pump, by-passed the fuel selector and fuel filter, changed the pulse line, and all fuel line have been change, carbs have also been rebuilt. Still same indication. Any other suggestions?

Mahalo

i'd say you just might have a fuel line installed incorrectly some where. disconnect the fuel line going into the fuel pump and pressurize the fuel tank by blowing air into the one way air check valve. once pressurized turn the fuel valve (petcock) on. fuel should flow very easily to the fuel line you disconnected at the fuel pump. that'll prove if any obstruction from the fuel tank pick up line to the fuel pump.

in and out fuel lines installed correctly at the fuel pump huh? pulse line?

how about unscrewing the spark plug boot from the spark plug wire and clean out the boot at both ends with electrical spray cleaner. also you can cut/snip about 1/4 inch of spark plug wire at the end to expose fresh new wire.

Thread Information