Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

smart phone chit chat

i currently have the palm centro with sprint , its ok othere than its glitchy moments

i sign on to this forum every once and while i cant sign on to this forum with it , i have done it many times before but after it goes to the screen that says thank you for signing on and then goes to the back to the main page not signed in

thinking about buying switching over to a palm treo 800w any comments ?

also to fill this thread up list your model and company

forget the 800w, go for the Touch Pro. Same OS, but HTC puts a nice interface over Windows Mobile, plus I think the keyboard is nicer, and you get a better camera.

I didn't think the palm used windows mobile????

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    +1 for anything HTC touch
    love my fuze
    mattman

my brother has that phone i just cant stand just useing the screen to dial ,

the key board is nice , and it is a good phone but i dont think its a very tough phone , his has chrome sides and thats just asking to get screwed

i hate the idea of the iphone's and the new black berry full keyboards are nice ,

evdo rev A is alot better than my power vision right now

most palm phones do use there own software but special windows editions are leaking out and you can spot the windows verisons of them they have a W at the end hence 700w and 800w

I have had a HTC 6800 for a little over a year. I am not big fan. The quality just isn't there. A couple of the buttons have quit working and the keyboard is starting to act up.

I also don't care for the Windows Mobile. The web browser absolutely blows, no Java support, no Flash player, etc. The only thing I like over most OS's is the exchange server support.

susposely the only the 3g iphones have java support , i have yet to snatch my brothers to find out if his does ,

but i just use mine to check the forums and pm's , pop on ebay and i like haveing a full key board for this and texting

Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    I have had a HTC 6800 for a little over a year. I am not big fan. The quality just isn't there. A couple of the buttons have quit working and the keyboard is starting to act up.

I also don't care for the Windows Mobile. The web browser absolutely blows, no Java support, no Flash player, etc. The only thing I like over most OS's is the exchange server support.
    Not true, I have the 6800 and you can get Java on it and I do have Flash on it. Some people use the Opera browser, which is Java based and they like it better than PIE. I have a custom rom installed and had GPS on it for months, way before Verizon came out their GPS enabled rom. It uses rev.A too. I like the phone and you can do tons of stuff to it. Head over to www.xda-developers.com, great bunch of guys over there. I also have Google Android on it, love the way it looks but it's still buggy on the 6800.

I had a HTC Touch XV6900 with Sprint and I was pretty happy with it. Now I switched to Verizon and got the LG Voyager VX10000. The keyboard on the touch was pretty bad, but the keyboard with two letter per box was okay. Windows Mobile 6.1 did fix some things: the phone kept freezing while in sleep mode, which was fixed with 6.1, but the full QWERTY that 6.1 had was terrible. And yes, Internet Explorer on WM was bad, but Opera did make pages load nicer and faster

+1
    I have the HTC T Mobile G1 and I am very impressed. I have had it for a little over 4 months now and it has held up pretty well. The downloadable market is cool and it works good as a phone also. It has its kinks, but the Android operating system is a hell of a lot better than the Windows mobile.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information