Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Super D 900 Z(xi) Build

To get finished, you have to get started!!! First off, thanks to all you Greenhulksters for the motovation. Reading about all the things that go on and how everyone is helpful, I see why its called a community.

I got my 95 900 ZXI about three years ago for $400. The guy replaced the pistons after disintagrating one without checking it over to well. Needless to say, a halfass job. The case and head were cracked. This only repeated and trashed the cylinder as well as the crank.

I have aquired some things off ebay over the last 2 years. I have a jug(old 2 stroker term) and 3 new 1.0mm over wiesco pistons that are going to the shop tommorrow. A stock head that I had magnafluxed and milled just enough to insure its flat. 3 WSM rod kits. I have decided not to go that route as the crank has been welded(yes its an old SBT motor) and with all the bearings, I think I can find a more cost effective way.

I am currently watching a crank that was rebuilt @ D&D out of Wisconson by a Dan Duckworth. I have googled this info and all I have figured out is that they exsist. The guy selling it is from MD and says he is the best rebuilder around. He is owed the money from a non-paying customer. Can anyone back that up? Anyway, thats the route I plan to take.

After sitting for 3 years I plan to have or do the carbs. Dont know if i want to tackle that myself. I have a manual on CD but that doesnt give you experience.

The hull is in really good shape so once the motor is done I can figure out what to do with the pump and the rest of that department. I just need to get this thing going

+1

Talking

Awesome, keep up posted and keep us in the loop with your project ! We'll be looking forward to seeing pics of your progress.

+1
    Step 1 complete. More stuff removed. Oil injection GONE. Water box off. Headed to the car wash for a peticure.

+1
    OK, got the hull cleaned up though I think one more trip to the wash is in order. Guess it was a good idea to take the waterbox off. It had some debris in it.

Crank auction ends here shortly. Got a set of crank seals coming also.

+1

Funding needed

I have a complete yamaha 650 motor. One cylinder is locked up but has alot of good shet on it if anyone needs. Its an SBT motor.

I also have 3 WSM rod kits for the 900 ZXI that I didnt use.

I have the complete injector pump set up for the ZXI if someone is interested(I.m not)

ALSO
    I hear they make 2 types of block off plates. I assume one for just the pump and one for that entire unit on the cover. Is that the case?

+1
    Won the crank. Good ol Reid even took me to the shop to drop off the cylinders
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new crank.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	110142  

Do you have any plans for hull mods?

+1
    Put a motor in it

Sponsons perhaps. Need to get it going first and see how she rides. It has not been on the water since I have had it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    Do you have any plans for hull mods?
    what kind of hull mods can Super D do to this thing?................hes obviously not gonna ask so i will! .........get in the GAME SUPER D!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha WAFDW!!!!!!!!!!! BET!

+1
    I was just reading the FAQ section. Sounds like the adjustable sponsons to start. Then possibly an extended ride plate.
    In addition, I wasnt going to pull the trim box just to clean under it, but after reading it would be good to do an inspection. If not you have to remove the carbs and all to get to it. It worked 3 years ago

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information