+1

x charger upgrades whos is best??

been looking at x charger upgrades with a mate.

and wondering whos is the best value for performance/reliability?

rivas got the x charger pro housing and impeller....but you need 50lbs injectors to run it....what boost would you see on stock boat with stock ecu?and would fuelling bo ok?

les cookes a-kit x impeller straight bolt on makes 12lbs boost but what do you need fuelling wise?

and rotax racings impeller and spacer for x model makes 11.2 at 8100.

now youl need grate,air intake and prop with them all but what speeds are you guys seeing?

sum guys are seeing 74-76+ with grate,prop and intake.
    or youve the 8400rpm limit which is supposidly alot more aggressive than stock?

+1
    I think you will need an RRFPR with any kind of SCer impeller upgrade on the X. I know RIVA states to just put 50lbs injectors in, but I would think it would run rich down low. Not sure just my O. Maybe someone will chime in about that. Just haven't seen anyone running one yet with just 50's. When I went to the 2Rude with stock ECU, I am running 50's with a RRFPR. My max boost is around 13psi, so its close to the X upgrades boost wise and should give you an idea about fueling needs.

+1
    I would say as wel that you would need the rrfpr, but then im not sure on the x skis as i think the injectors are running almost flat out in stok form. You could try putting 48s in and playing with the base pressure on the rrfpr to get good idle and right WOT afr but you going to need a lm1 or something to test it right. I dont think that you will need to supply as much fuel as the 2rude requires as it is alot more powerfull. Im sure that some1 has fitted this to a stock ecu so will chime in. R88

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Yeap, you would...be safe...

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I think you will need an RRFPR with any kind of SCer impeller upgrade on the X. I know RIVA states to just put 50lbs injectors in, but I would think it would run rich down low. Not sure just my O. Maybe someone will chime in about that. Just haven't seen anyone running one yet with just 50's. When I went to the 2Rude with stock ECU, I am running 50's with a RRFPR. My max boost is around 13psi, so its close to the X upgrades boost wise and should give you an idea about fueling needs.
    I would have thought the same with just the 50's. Maybe they meant 50's and their ECU?

+1
    I finally put my LM-2 on my ski today. From what I saw, just doing the 50lb injectors should work just fine. The X looks to run real lean off boost, so I think you can get away with 50's. And fuel will be good on top.

I want to say something about RIVA. I think they test their stuff and for the most part their stuff works just like they say.

If they say it does 12lbs boost and runs on 50's, I would trust that. They also state that you need to tune to 8K rpms, trust that, too. You maybe okay at 8100, but RIVA is not going there. Safety Margin. I guess.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    They also state that you need to tune to 8K rpms, trust that, too. You maybe okay at 8100, but RIVA is not going there. Safety Margin. I guess.

This is because the X model ECU drops out timing just over 8000 RPM's. You will make the most power right at 8000.

+1
    Do you know how much the timing drops off? I usually am shooting for 8080-8100, because I want to get to 8K fast. If I tune for 8K, on a hot day I loose too much.

+1
    Not sure how many degrees it drops off but I was told a significant amount.

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    at 8100 RPM compared to 8000 RPM you loose exact 2.6 kw ( 3.54 HP)

if you only have 7500 RPM you loose 11.9 kw (17 HP) compared to 8000 RPM

so if you pitch for 8100, it will be no problem , even you make max peak power at 8000 RPM

Thread Information