+1

Simon Cowell buckle your Lifejacket!

Simon Cowell: Smokes and Drives

Posted 12/29/2008 9:40 AM by Celebuzz

Bauer Griffin Online
    Here's Simon Cowell astride a jet ski in the Caribbean, letting us all admire his manly, manly chest. No manscaping for this newly single American Idol judge!
    Cowell, 49, recently spoke to TV Guide to deny Paula Abdul's allegations that he whispers in her ear to disorient her right before American Idol's live show comes back from commercial to cause her to appear even more fruity.
    He does admit that he's "guilty!" of whispering to her.
    "I've done it from Day 1. That's part of the relationship I've had with Paula [and] I've looked upon it in a kind of a fun way," Cowell says. "It's never done with any maliciousness."
    He also says that Abdul, 46, probably didn't mean to come off as so dramatic about his behavior when she was talking to Barbara Walters.
    This is the same interview that included Abdul's accusations that the Idol producers put her in danger when allowing suicidal Abdul stalker Paula Goodspeed to audition for AI in January of 2006.
    Simon says that Abdul's comments weren't "as barbed as they may have appeared" and "she's never really had an issue with me about it. If I thought I've gone too far I've apologized. And if she said to me, 'I don't want you to do it again,' I wouldn't do it."
    Here's Simon taking a break from NOT psychologically torturing his co-worker in the Caribbean. Nothing quite like enjoying the beautiful azure water with a coffin nail firmly in mouth.

http://www.celebuzz.com/simon-cowell-smokes-drives-s74001/

+1
    LIFEJACKETS SAVE LIVES!
    In water rescue one of the problems we experience with recreationalists is they do not value the level of protection that a lifejacket offers. Simon Cowell is a high profile persona, and this photo of him shows what a great time he is experiencing, well of course! Personal Watercraft are a lot of fun. The disturbing aspect is the lifejacket is not fastened properly, well not at all. This sends out a message to the masses that its 'ok and cool' not to take seriously the necessity of a lifejacket. The word itself says it clearly...LIFEJACKET! We have so many people in recreational boating who drown annually because they do not know how to swim, have an injury and cannot keep their head above water, or worse, are knocked unconscious and drown. Many of these people, their bodies are lost to the depths. This creates so much trauma for their surviving loved ones.

Oftentimes bodies cannot be recovered, and it places rescuers lives at risk!

At the least, families can find closure with the return of the physical remains of their loved ones, althougth this doesnt' make the situation right, it does allow the grieving process to move forward. A lifejacket itself cannot prevent death, but it does help to minimize the risk of loss of life or limb.

Please wear a properly fitted, sized and type of Lifejacket according to the water activity you are enjoying!
    Shawn
    Last edited by shawn alladio; 12-29-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information