Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

my 96 xp 951 swap.

I started out by completly gutting the inside of a 96 sea doo xp.

I then steam cleaned the whole inside so i was starting fresh.

when going from a 800cc engine to a 951 engine, the rear mounts are the same, but the front mount is on the opposite side, so i had to fiberglass in a new mount (tube underneath is for water to run through so it doesnt get trapped up front). It was my first time ever fiberglassing, and i used way to much resin, nothing a razer didnt fix later on, its not visable so i didnt worry about it too too much.

Another thing different from the 800 to 951, is that the exhaust exits on the opposite side of the hull. so I then fiberglassed the hole shut on the right side, filled it, sanded it primed it and through some paint on it, cant even tell where the hole was and the inside looked alot better since i learned the first time about how much resin to use

The next thing i have to do is swap all the electronics over from the right to the left of the hull and then its pretty much drop in, center the engine, and reinstall. Just waiting for some parts to come in and i will be ready to rock

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    nice work! Deanrw3 and I are right behind ya. I think that once we get started we'll post some pix too

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stang View Post
    I started out by completly gutting the inside of a 96 sea doo xp.

I then steam cleaned the whole inside so i was starting fresh.

when going from a 800cc engine to a 951 engine, the rear mounts are the same, but the front mount is on the opposite side, so i had to fiberglass in a new mount (tube underneath is for water to run through so it doesnt get trapped up front). It was my first time ever fiberglassing, and i used way to much resin, nothing a razer didnt fix later on, its not visable so i didnt worry about it too too much.

Another thing different from the 800 to 951, is that the exhaust exits on the opposite side of the hull. so I then fiberglassed the hole shut on the right side, filled it, sanded it primed it and through some paint on it, cant even tell where the hole was and the inside looked alot better since i learned the first time about how much resin to use

The next thing i have to do is swap all the electronics over from the right to the left of the hull and then its pretty much drop in, center the engine, and reinstall. Just waiting for some parts to come in and i will be ready to rock
    Well I feel alot better about the cleanliness of the inside of my 96's hull now

+1
    i HATE working in a hull that is all oil stained and just nasty. when i pull the engine out of my 97 spx to do the rotary valve seals, i will be gutting it and compleltly steam cleaning it, then just give everything a good cleaning while it is out of the machine.

I cant wait, once the engien gaskets come in this week, i will have the engien all together and ready to go in.

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    very nice dude,something i have always wanted to do. best of luck will be watching your build.

+1
    well here is my update.

i have done nothing as i am waiting for a list of parts to come in for the engine, once i get the engine back together, i can then mock fit it, then proceed with exhaust install, and electrical box installs. this is really killing me, since as soon as the parts come in i will be back at this getting it done... hopefully pics to come shortly, as i am impatently waiting my parts (been 3 weeks since dealer ordered and they have not come in)

+1
    well here is my update.

i have done nothing

Classic!

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    That is dedication!

PS- Ziggy is right, we don't need the long list of excuses afterward...lol

+1
    damn jerks.

im going to yamamha disscussion

its really killing me, as i have to do things to my spx, but im not taking apart 2 skis and getting parts all mixed up, so i must wait patiently until parts arrive...good thing the package store is 500 feet away from me

+1
    its really killing me, as i have to do things to my spx, but im not taking apart 2 skis and getting parts all mixed up, so i must wait patiently until parts arrive...good thing the package store is 500 feet away from me
    You've got to learn to multi-task! Two skis is child's play Heck, I've got five project skis going right now! BTW, beer really helps your organizational skills!

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information