Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1

Dumbest stuff you've done when working on your ski

This should be a fun thread... if those of you are willing to speak of the stupid shit you have done while working on your ski .... Maybe when drinking a little to much

I'll start.... am I the only jackass to fire up a motor with wadded up paper towels shoved in the supercharger intake...

My IC looked like a bag full of insulation... I felt so stupid (thanks... bud light for making all this possible) thought this was to good... to not share it

Superchargers do a great job of blowing in insulation... when there used properly I do need a little more in the attic...

+1

Sorry man. I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you. It sounds like something I would do. Crap, I'll bet you were pissed!

+1
    Chris the plumber sucking up the anchor with his Supercharged GTX. Every time we go out it is another story.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beryessa memorial day weekend 006.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	110210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beryessa memorial day weekend 004.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	110211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beryessa memorial day weekend 007.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	110212  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Chris the plumber sucking up the anchor with his Supercharged GTX. Every time we go out it is another story.
    Holy shit

That last picture says it all

+1
    With that same ski he has a piece on back to tow with and water got into the ski because he did not seal it right. HMMMmm water in the ski and start it up. Whoops rod through the block. It would take me way to long to tell you all of the motors he has blown up from the polaris a couple times to the sea doo 3 times etc it keeps on going.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    With that same ski he has a piece on back to tow with and water got into the ski because he did not seal it right. HMMMmm water in the ski and start it up. Whoops rod through the block. It would take me way to long to tell you all of the motors he has blown up from the polaris a couple times to the sea doo 3 times etc it keeps on going.
    Sounds just like a guy I knew in Texas. But it was suzuki's and subaru's. 3 times each.

+1
    ok a few yrs back i put new plugs in my standup, went for a ride, suddenly it started to run really bad,i was soooooo pissed, i thought i had stuck a needle in the carb again. so i putt putted all the way home on my belly dragging behind the ski, it wouldnt get on plane, just fast idle and running really rough...
    when i got near my dock, i slowed down and turned, all of a sudden BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it blew the handle pole out of my hand and blew the hood straight up off the ski, if you know how a standup rides when you are on your belly, it nearly yanked my arms off goin straight up, and nearly smashed my face in.
    it was like a cannon went off!!!!

turned out the i never tightened the plugs, one had rattled out, and was bouncing around inside my ski while still plugged into the wire, all that fuel air mix was spewing into my engine bay, and i was running home on one cylinder.
    that last final turn must have rolled the sparkplug just right to ground out and spark real good and ignite all the gasses under my hood. or the fuel air mix got better when i let off the gas finally near the dock...
    you should have seen the looks on the guys faces all around the marina... and my buddy was laughing so hard he fell over.

After reading some of the other posts I dont feel so bad. About the worst thing I can think of is dropping tools in the lake.
    I did have a friend that would show up to go riding for the weekend with his ski in the bed of his truck and the motor on the floor of the front seat! He would drive from OC to the Colorado river and then start wrenching. There were more times than I can count that he was missing something important and had to ride someone elses ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    ok a few yrs back i put new plugs in my standup, went for a ride, suddenly it started to run really bad,i was soooooo pissed, i thought i had stuck a needle in the carb again. so i putt putted all the way home on my belly dragging behind the ski, it wouldnt get on plane, just fast idle and running really rough...
    when i got near my dock, i slowed down and turned, all of a sudden BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it blew the handle pole out of my hand and blew the hood straight up off the ski, if you know how a standup rides when you are on your belly, it nearly yanked my arms off goin straight up, and nearly smashed my face in.
    it was like a cannon went off!!!!

turned out the i never tightened the plugs, one had rattled out, and was bouncing around inside my ski while still plugged into the wire, all that fuel air mix was spewing into my engine bay, and i was running home on one cylinder.
    that last final turn must have rolled the sparkplug just right to ground out and spark real good and ignite all the gasses under my hood. or the fuel air mix got better when i let off the gas finally near the dock...
    you should have seen the looks on the guys faces all around the marina... and my buddy was laughing so hard he fell over.
    That is to F'in funny... I'm on the floor.... good one!!!!!!!!

I would pay for some video on that one

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    That is to F'in funny... I'm on the floor.... good one!!!!!!!!

I would pay for some video on that one
    +1

The only thing i can think of is backing the skis in the water to find out that the tow hook was already undone and the ski go floating off as soon as it hit the water. Oh ya it was in cold water so all the fishing boats im sure loved watching me swim like a dog to it.

so much for planing on staying warm and dry that day.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information