Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: turbo fueling

+1

turbo fueling

Looking to get some opinions.

I have a turbo set up for my ski; relatively small turbo: gt28r peak Hp is about 330hp.

ski is an 08 rxpx. After the new year i plan on getting into this.

I have come across two options that i think would work and would like to hear others thoughts:

1) Install a reflashed ecu set to 15psi and 60lb injectors and be done. IMO nice neat, easy plug and play (and retain knock i think)... adjust the boost accordingly to the afr and be done.

2) Install the rrfpr with the 2 fprs with 55lb inj.. set boost on the turbo and then dial in afr by adjusting fuel. Plus side is i can adjust boost, down side is complexity of dialing in... not sure if i can do this.

I do not like the idea of running rich on one end and would like to have it dialed in properly.

I am also not stuck on running either of these if there is a better option. I would like to run at least 15 psi, but no more than 18psi at stock rpm, as it seems at more comes into play after that.

thanks for the input guys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post

I have a turbo set up for my ski; relatively small turbo: gt28r peak Hp is about 330hp.

I have come across two options that i think would work and would like to hear others thoughts:

1) Install a reflashed ecu set to 15psi and 60lb injectors and be done. IMO nice neat, easy plug and play (and retain knock i think)... adjust the boost accordingly to the afr and be done.

2) Install the rrfpr with the 2 fprs with 55lb inj.. set boost on the turbo and then dial in afr by adjusting fuel. Plus side is i can adjust boost, down side is complexity of dialing in... not sure if i can do this.

I do not like the idea of running rich on one end and would like to have it dialed in properly.

I am also not stuck on running either of these if there is a better option. I would like to run at least 15 psi, but no more than 18psi at stock rpm, as it seems at more comes into play after that.

You could go with the ecu and right injectors plus the rrfpr. Should be easy to dial in using the rrfpr and it means you can up the boost if you want. Other than that and what you suggested there are other complicated ways of doing it or go full mapped ignition but that means big $$$$$$. R88

+1
    I think the easier way would be the ECU. Send it out to the seadoo centre and tell them all the mods what RPM and what boost and they should be able to set you up. You may need an RRFPR if you run it in much cooler conditions even with the ECU though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post

sounds like a nice reliable set-up.you should be able to keep stock manifold etc at that boost.
    id talk to seadoo-centre or re-performance and tell them what mods youve got,where you ride,plans on boost levels etc......they tell you fuelling needs better than anyone.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    sounds like a nice reliable set-up.you should be able to keep stock manifold etc at that boost.
    id talk to seadoo-centre or re-performance and tell them what mods youve got,where you ride,plans on boost levels etc......they tell you fuelling needs better than anyone.

I emailed malte he said it would be no problem to run the reflashed ecu at high boost and stock rpm.

what got me thinking here is the EGT sensor set up beerdart is doing.. it would be nice to monitor egts all of the time... but what if something is off and i need to adjust.. my only option with the reflash is turn down boost. where as the other way the fuel is adjustable.

And to go reflash with an rrfpr defeats the purpose of the reflash especially if im keeping stock rpm.

Keep in mind the reflash offers more than just fuel delivery, timing is adjusted for more performance also...and I would much rather make 'small' adjustments with the RRFPR on bigger injectors and reflashed ECU than to SOLELY rely on the RRFPR for fueling which can be tough...especially on higher boost setups...

In other words the reflash is a GOOD investment for mulitiple reasons...

However I would at least up the limiter with the reflash to what the stock X valvetrain can handle....I think I read somewhere around 8350 to 8400 rpm? ( I COULD BE WRONG HERE) ....or get the afordable Les Cooke valvetrain upgrade and turn it to 8600 rpm...less money than Riva.

Good luck with your build!

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    the main advantage of a reprogrammed ECU in your case is that the ECU is mapped for 60 Injectors, and your complete fuel setup gets a way more potential as if you would have a stock ECU mapped to stock Injectors that allready maxed out with a 11 psi SC.

you can allways add a RRFPR if you want to play around, but on the X-Model fuel unit, it is not easy at all to mount a RRFPR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    Keep in mind the reflash offers more than just fuel delivery, timing is adjusted for more performance also...and I would much rather make 'small' adjustments with the RRFPR on bigger injectors and reflashed ECU than to SOLELY rely on the RRFPR for fueling which can be tough...especially on higher boost setups...

In other words the reflash is a GOOD investment for mulitiple reasons...

However I would at least up the limiter with the reflash to what the stock X valvetrain can handle....I think I read somewhere around 8350 to 8400 rpm? ( I COULD BE WRONG HERE) ....or get the afordable Les Cooke valvetrain upgrade and turn it to 8600 rpm...less money than Riva.

Good luck with your build!
    i def would get the ecu remapped for your set-up,as stated.fuelling timing duty cycle of injectors all play vital parts in sweet running.
    you could also get the rrfpr if you wanted or ask malte to amke a fail safe map leaving space for extra hot days,or a small problem with temps or fuelling ie a map leaning to safety rather than balls out performance.
    id rather over spec the engine and do it correct once than pay for it over and over.

+1
    ct, several of us don't want the reliability issues associated with increasing the rev range, so we're sticking to the stock ECU. Of course, the RRFPR is a popular way, but the Powershot and the F/IC also work. Someone even posted a link to the Vortech sFMU, which could work in conjunction with some RRFPR parts to ramp up the fuel quicker once you surpass 10 psi.

BTW, the F/IC with 62 lb/hr injectors will support 15++ psi boost.

Mike

+1
    After re-reading the turbo threads, i think im sold on the reflash... it maintains stock rpm, and increases HP potential. If I seem to have fueling issues and still want more boost, I'll add the rrfpr.

and just to keep an eye on things, I do think a EGT gauge is on order.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information