Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question Riva Waterbox Install

After getting the water box in the hull where it needs to sit and connected to the thru hull coupler, I can not get the J pipe inside the hole of the water box without other side not going into the manifold. If I put J pipe onto the waterbox first then I can't get it inside the hull. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone faced this problem? Any help I'd appreciate it

Rob

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Yaa View Post
    After getting the water box in the hull where it needs to sit and connected to the thru hull coupler, I can not get the J pipe inside the hole of the water box without other side not going into the manifold. If I put J pipe onto the waterbox first then I can't get it inside the hull. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone faced this problem? Any help I'd appreciate it

Rob
    The J pipe and box have to go in together... just dont tighten up the clamps till it's in and all lined up

Takes a little bit of playing with... but it will go in. Did you cut some of the styrofoam out in the back

+1
    I've tried putting them in together and wouldn't go in but Ill try it again. Thank you

+1
    Did you cut some of the styrofoam out in the back

This could be your problem if not... and you won't be able to get the the clamp on the thru hull either

+1
    Yea I gout rid of that whole side of foam. I can slide it on the thru hull tip. Then won't go onto manifold or visa versa. It hit the top on manifold where it would slide in. Frustrating.

+1
    I put the box in with the J pipe just barely sticking in the box... pushed the box all the way to the rear so the outlet is hitting the hull not the tip... then was able to work the J pipe onto the manifold.

Also make sure the outlet coupler is slid all the way onto the box! Then when everything else is lined up and tight... slide the coupler back onto the thru hull outlet.

+1
    so your saying that it is too tight or to long. If so, cut some of the coupler off thru hull,.

+1
    Yea I gout rid of that whole side of foam. I can slide it on the thru hull tip. Then won't go onto manifold or visa versa. It hit the top on manifold where it would slide in. Frustrating.
    Yes, I found this quite a difficult installation given what would seem a rather straight forward install. Nevertheless, this is how I managed to get things aligned, hook and align the bits to the manifold per the instructions, do not tighten completely, just snug. This next task requires two people. Using the handle of a hammer, insert the handle of the hammer in into the exhaust tip at the rear of the hull and slowly move the the exhaust and tip into alignment. Then while one person maintains the alignment the other will slide the coupler onto the exhaust tip. Then check you alignments and just tighten everything down.

This was a frustrating install, for sure! No matter how many different ways you try to align things, nothing seemed to align. Anyway, this should work Sounds good --actually, it sound menacingly mean, and just a bit louder than Riva's thru-hull rear exhaust kt.

+1
    Yaaay. I finally got it in. Scrathed the waterbox up alittle . Got evrything runnin. Defantly sounds bad ass. Can't wait to get on the water this sunday. Thanks for all of you guys help. Have a good new year and be safe

Rob

+1
    Yaaay. I finally got it in. Scrathed the waterbox up alittle . Got evrything runnin. Defantly sounds bad ass. Can't wait to get on the water this sunday. Thanks for all of you guys help. Have a good new year and be safe

Rob
    Good to here Sunday... why wait so long

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information