Thread: AFR

AFR

What is the best AFR ( Air Fuel Ratio ) to get for the 4 tec motors?

Thanks Roger

+1

+1
    http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=146

is probably the most popular.. there are other though.

Is that the one that you have to replace the sensors all the time because they go bad and the digital read out goes blank every so often?

I noticed dynotune's site says buy direct and save, no distributor markup. wonder why the same kits are cheaper on ebay?

+1
    I have no clue why everyone jumps to the LM1 and LM2. The LC1 is more than adequate for most of us.

+1
    Roger, that pipe that i sent you was the one i was running on my RXP last times out and had zero issues with AFR sensors going bad. I think bung placement in J pipe has something to do with how well that last. I also had it in my ski over 4 weeks streight without ever having to reset it.

MRBTD, is correct, the Lc-1 is suffiecent and cheaper.
    Just be sure you get a wideband.

I asume you got the package, I got yours.

Take Care and Happy New Year!!!

+1
    a few gh members had made comments on how the LC-1 was not as durable. and for 100 more, it made sense to me to get something that would last.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    a few gh members had made comments on how the LC-1 was not as durable. and for 100 more, it made sense to me to get something that would last.
    Hmmm... that's odd. The LC-1 is actually waterproof and very durable. The one on my my car is strapped to a fuel line underneath and the one in my ski bounces around in the water in the bottom of the hull.

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Hmmm... that's odd. The LC-1 is actually waterproof and very durable. The one on my my car is strapped to a fuel line underneath and the one in my ski bounces around in the water in the bottom of the hull.
    back when i still ran the rotary in the rx7 my LC1 was mounted in my trans tunnel....it was covered in grime and oil and still worked fine.... especially since it's weather proof. the only thing that killed the sensor was when i put in a tank of 110/112 aviation fuel (leaded) killed the sensor in half a tank. but i was also pushin 21psi on a stock ignition making over 450rwhp. lol

anyways from what i see there the LM2 has the ability to data log. Although i don't have a ski yet from what i've noticed really the only tuning i've seen was thru a RRFPR. Or are there other ways to moddify the fuel and timing maps? because if thats the case the LM2 seems like overkill.

from innovates website
    The LM-2 combines an air/fuel ratio meter, a full-function 32-channel datalogger, and powerful software to deliver a complete tuning workshop for less than the cost of one dyno day. Whether you have a piggy-back fuel controller, race carb, aftermarket ECU, ODB-II tuning software, or a flash/chip programmer, an LM-2 is the tool you need to dial in maximum HP. The meter’s digital signal processing technology provides data on exactly how rich or lean an engine is running at any load. The LM-2’s self-calibrating circuitry also compensates for changes in temperature, altitude, and sensor condition.

Patented “Direct Digital” Wideband Technology
    Wideband O2 Compatible with ALL fuel types
    Single or Dual Channel Version Available
    OBD-II Scan tool- read/clear DTCs and log up to 16 channels of CAN OBD-II Data
    Log directly to SD card (included)
    Playback log data on screen and/or with powerful LogWorks software (included)
    Large high-contrast graphics LCD
    Built-in RPM converter (direct frequency or with optional inductive clamp)
    4 fully-differential analog inputs
    2 configurable linear analog outputs
    Positive lock connectors for all connections
    Innovate MTS serial IN and OUT
    USB connection to your PC
    The LM-2 also features two fully programmable linear analog outputs to connect to analog gauges, dyno computers, ECUs, piggyback controllers, and other devices with analog inputs. Analog output 1 comes setup from the factory ready for narrowband simulation; analog output 2 is configured as 0 volt = 7.35 AFR and 5 volts = 22.39 AFR. With the provided LM Programmer software these analog outputs may also be configured by the user.

Thread Information