Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CC Racers whats a good speed

Hey everyone. I wanted to get a few opinions on what top speed I should be looking for in race chop on the closed course... I plan on only racing the stock class since my ski is only a rxp this season and wanted to know what other speeds people will be getting in race chop. I can only get 70.1 mph and I dont believe I can do anything else to remain legal for the stock class. SO i guess my question is does top speed really matter in cc racing and if so is that ok for me to be at 70.1? I know some of the x boats stock can hit that speed so I dont want to be at a major dissadvantage. My goal this season is to come in second to last. ha. thats all im asking out of this ski this year and then next season I will get the x. Thanks and please forgive my ignorance in these dicussions. This is my first race season so look for the guy stuck on the beach with his trailer flipped over and you will find me and my ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toilets View Post
    Hey everyone. I wanted to get a few opinions on what top speed I should be looking for in race chop on the closed course... I plan on only racing the stock class since my ski is only a rxp this season and wanted to know what other speeds people will be getting in race chop. I can only get 70.1 mph and I dont believe I can do anything else to remain legal for the stock class. SO i guess my question is does top speed really matter in cc racing and if so is that ok for me to be at 70.1? I know some of the x boats stock can hit that speed so I dont want to be at a major dissadvantage. My goal this season is to come in second to last. ha. thats all im asking out of this ski this year and then next season I will get the x. Thanks and please forgive my ignorance in these dicussions. This is my first race season so look for the guy stuck on the beach with his trailer flipped over and you will find me and my ski.
    rxpstan would be the best help with whats leagal and what works. Don't worry to much about top speed, holeshot and hookup are much more important.

+1
    70.1 isnt bad. When I raced stock class the two RXPs I raced were about 68-70 in flat water. Topspeed isnt a huge concern in CC. I've learned over my 3 years of racing is that it doesnt really matter how fast your boat is if you can't ride in constantly in a race.

Also the new rules for the APBA and IJSBA haven't been released so there may be a few more things you can do to your RXP. I'm hoping they adjust the rules so everyone doesnt have to go out a buy a X to be competitive.

+1
    plenty on here will chime in.im not familar with the rules over there.
    but alot of racer in cc here keep opas and stock sponsons.
    rxps are amazing skis.but stock grates are shit imho.

Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    plenty on here will chime in.im not familar with the rules over there.
    but alot of racer in cc here keep opas and stock sponsons.
    rxps are amazing skis.but stock grates are shit imho.
    most of us in the uk run dropped stock sponsons and take opas off.
    my stock boat runs 72 mph

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 107racing View Post
    most of us in the uk run dropped stock sponsons and take opas off.
    my stock boat runs 72 mph

i think ive saw you on pwcforums right?im not a member just a guest lol.
    alot of racers ive spoke to uk and on email prefer opas on a ski.but again i guess its personal preffrence i guess.
    you raced in uk yet?how you doing?

+1
    just clicked your website lol.that answers that.i was asked to race last year with my rxp then p-x but id be pissed if ski got smashed!
    i got the sister ski to chris jones.the first in scotland i believe.

[quote=kenshin89;913148]70.1 isnt bad. When I raced stock class the two RXPs I raced were about 68-70 in flat water. Topspeed isnt a huge concern in CC. I've learned over my 3 years of racing is that it doesnt really matter how fast your boat is if you can't ride in constantly in a race.

+1
    Dont worry about top speed.cc is not a lake or a grag race.take opas out,use block offs,find a good combination of prop-intake grate have zero cavitation & go race !!!!!there not many people that turn to buoys with 70+ mph (lot of Gs)

Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    just clicked your website lol.that answers that.i was asked to race last year with my rxp then p-x but id be pissed if ski got smashed!
    i got the sister ski to chris jones.the first in scotland i believe.
    it racing if it gets smashed but shit happens just go for it. yeah chris jones is in the ricksim racing team with me if i can sell my p i will get his xtake opas off no one leaves them on in the uk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 107racing View Post
    it racing if it gets smashed but shit happens just go for it. yeah chris jones is in the ricksim racing team with me if i can sell my p i will get his xtake opas off no one leaves them on in the uk

ive got jeff to thank for a little mod you do with opas.pheonixcustoms also has helped
    i was for fitting re-blockoffs but decided not to.maybe diffrent cc racing but i dont suffer from the bad symptoms opas can cause at leats not yet.
    whats chris for getting now?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information