2005 Yamaha VX110 Sport

Hello I have a 1998 Yamaha XL760 wave runner and love it but I am looking to get a second ski and found one for what seems a good deal.

I am looking at a 2005 Yamaha vx110 sport the owner is selling it for
    2500.00 obo. The guy I talked to said it needs some work He said it hit another ski and the Engine shifted forward about 3 inch's and broke the motor mounts.
    How bad is it to fix this or is it even worth fixing would the engine shifting forward cause damage to anything else like the jet unit.

He also said that there was only a small dent under the front bumper but that it cant be seen unless you really look for it.
    Can these jet ski hulls be fixed easy.

Thanks
    BadBoy

+1
    First off Welcom to Green Hulk, As for this ski, broken mounts can be fixed. It all depends on how they broke. Did the mount rip in half ? did the mounts rip out of the hull ? and if it was hit that hard to brake the monts there has to be more hull damege then he is saying. All of these things are repairable. The pump should be ok as it is not directly conected to the moter. Get him to send you some picturs and post them up and I know some of the best ski goros will give you the right advice.

Quote Originally Posted by IEGPR View Post
    First off Welcom to Green Hulk, As for this ski, broken mounts can be fixed. It all depends on how they broke. Did the mount rip in half ? did the mounts rip out of the hull ? and if it was hit that hard to brake the monts there has to be more hull damege then he is saying. All of these things are repairable. The pump should be ok as it is not directly conected to the moter. Get him to send you some picturs and post them up and I know some of the best ski goros will give you the right advice.

Thank you for the reply I am going to try and look at the ski and will try and get some Pictures of the damage.
    Also the guy said it has not ran since June being that it has problems and that it has no trailer what would be a good offering price for it.

Thanks
    BadBoy

+1
    Welcome to the forum !!! One of our First New members of the new year !

+1

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
    Hello I have a 1998 Yamaha XL760 wave runner and love it but I am looking to get a second ski and found one for what seems a good deal.

I am looking at a 2005 Yamaha vx110 sport the owner is selling it for
    2500.00 obo. The guy I talked to said it needs some work He said it hit another ski and the Engine shifted forward about 3 inch's and broke the motor mounts.
    How bad is it to fix this or is it even worth fixing would the engine shifting forward cause damage to anything else like the jet unit.

He also said that there was only a small dent under the front bumper but that it cant be seen unless you really look for it.
    Can these jet ski hulls be fixed easy.

Thanks
    BadBoy
    sounds like rental ski ,motor not run in awhile? if can install battery bring up display,see how may hr.also 2005 had LOTS of problem,if you still want to buy,get s/n and have Yamaha dealer check for updates (there should be one in Hawaii some place

cd

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    sounds like rental ski ,motor not run in awhile? if can install battery bring up display,see how may hr.also 2005 had LOTS of problem,if you still want to buy,get s/n and have Yamaha dealer check for updates (there should be one in Hawaii some place

cd

Thanks I thing i will pass on this ski and keep my eye out for another one It sounds like it will be to much trouble for me.

Thanks
    BadBoy

Thread Information