Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

84mm R & D Reduction nozzle?

I,m getting 69.8 at 8,160 on my RXT-X with grate outer wings cut off and ride plate holes filled.
    I,m trying to gain another 1 mph or so without paying for flame arrestor which requires a new prop to keep RPM,s down under 8,100.
    R & D has a 84 MM reduction nozzle I can put on myself to replace the 87 MM Stock nozzle .
    I,m wondering if this would provide an increase in speed and a decent drop in RPM,s which would be beneficial.
    Does anyone know how much I could gain from this change and about how many RPM,s I could slave off and whether it affects turning and cornering in a good or bad way?? Thanks for your Knowledge!!

PS: I,d Love to get the JAWZ prop IF Obama gives us a nice BIG gift? LOL

+1
    Sarge, I'm thinking the pro nozzle would be better cause then you have interchangeable nozzle rings to tune your rpm's with. I don't know what you could expect with that 84mm. A 3mm drop will make a distinct difference for sure and might get you that 1 mph. Even better, download the pitch gage files from here and repitch your own prop and change the nozzle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Sarge, I'm thinking the pro nozzle would be better cause then you have interchangeable nozzle rings to tune your rpm's with. I don't know what you could expect with that 84mm. A 3mm drop will make a distinct difference for sure and might get you that 1 mph. Even better, download the pitch gage files from here and repitch your own prop and change the nozzle.
    If your getting 72 Plus with just the holes plugged and the R&D grate maybe I should spend the $$ to buy it and maybe pick up 1-2 MPH versus my stock cut grate mod?
    Does the R&D cavitiate a lot?

I'm also looking at getting the R-D 84mm venturi. I don't want to loose too much holeshot and I'm running 8140-8160 rpms, so hopefully it will bring down the rrrr's. Any one try one of these yet? Also lookin' to do Jims rideplate mod. Would you guys recommend the skegs? Thanx.

+1
    I dont know the length of R and D nozzle, but I have run the pro nozzle on T -X and with 84 to 85 ring the holeshot was about the same as stock nozzle.

Hey Skoepp, did you pick up any speed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    If your getting 72 Plus with just the holes plugged and the R&D grate maybe I should spend the $$ to buy it and maybe pick up 1-2 MPH versus my stock cut grate mod?
    Does the R&D cavitiate a lot?
    My best speed totally stock was 70.9 with 2 bars of fuel. Since then I have added the grate, filled the holes and repitched the oem prop. I think I either have an unusually fast T-X or my gps is inaccurate. I don't know. We clocked my buddies 08 RXT at 65.6 with my gps so I think it's close. I say go with a worx grate and a 4" kanaflex. That should give you a real good boost in speed. And check the pitch of your stock prop. Mine was way off which seems to be the norm.

+1
    You guys NEED to PM "DIGGS" and have him modify your stock nozzle to accept any ring size you want for MUCH LESS $$$$$..

Here's what he told me:

we fly cut the nozzle then we bore it to accept the rings that skat and riva sell. it will have two places for set screws in it to hold the rings.
    it will look just like the one that riva sells.

jerry sells the rings in the online store for 39 each. as far as what size is the best ....that depends on your mods and your ski. you want to use the rings to obtain 8100 rpm all of the time. the smaller the nozzle ring the less rpm the ski will turn. the bigger the nozzle ring the more rpm the ski will turn. so in cooler months you will need smaller rings and in the warmer months you will need larger rings. i usually run an 80-81 in the spring and run an 82 or 83 in the summer.

i charge $90.00 to do the nozzles and charge 5 bucks to ship it back to you. i usually turn them around in one to two days and have done 20-30 for board members. i have had zero complaints from anyone.

as far as pics go it will look just like the riva one

I'm personally going to use his services asap.

+1
    Very cool! Thanks jpt. Sounds like the right mod at the right time.

+1
    Guys, be sure and check with Diggs first, but i dont think the nozzles in the store will fit a X nozzle.
    The rings in store are for a 83 mm stock nozzle and the the x nozzle is 86.6 mm ring.

Someone correct me if i am wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information