Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

BRP Customer service warranty claims

Does anyone have any experience with getting BRP to cover warranty work that failed after the warranty expired.My ski failed after only 15 hrs(SC related).Im gonna call Monday and see if they are gonna take care of me.Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gms05rxt View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with getting BRP to cover warranty work that failed after the warranty expired.My ski failed after only 15 hrs(SC related).Im gonna call Monday and see if they are gonna take care of me.Thanks.
    How far out of your warranty period?
    I tried for a friend and I work at a dealership and didn't have any luck.

I have had little... it depends, with 15 hrs u might have luck. I had a supercharger go 3 months out of warranty. The first couple times i called BRP corporate and nothing happened. Finally they gave a my number to a higher up corporate person. They finally agreed to pay the parts cost of the supercharger. It took me explaining to them that i would never buy a BRP product again... saying i live in michigan and only get to ride half of the year... and them looking up and seeing that I own BRP snowmobiles and 3 doos. So yes it took work... but only got half paid and still had ceramic clutches, then had to replace 70 hours later... sooo all i can say is good luck

If you have a good dealer , have them call BRP for you. Since you have such low hours you may be able to get help. I've seen BRP put a new engine in a RXP which was also out of warranty because of valve train failure. BRP supplied the engine and the customer paid the labor.
    It will help if it has been serviced by the dealer on time and has records of it. Also needs to be bone stock as far as the engine and sc.

gms05rxt

Skis: 2005 Sea Doo RXT
    Riding: 19
    Wrenching: 19

possible broken washers or worse
    9 Months ago my ski had 105 hrs and the supercharger gear broke.BMS replaced the supercharger as well as the oil pumps ,stator and misc other damaged parts under warranty which expired while my ski was there in April.I got it back and it ran fine.After 2 rides the low oil warning came on and the dipstick read nothing.I took it back and they fixed an oil leak.A few rides later same deal, no oil and the low oil warning.They found the problem and fixed the leak.Now I went to ride and the ski and it wont go over 50mph and the tach wont go over 6k.This is how the ski acted when I broke the SC gear.I wonder if from going 65mph with low oil on various occasions maybe I did damage which has lead up to either the washers went or the sc went.I now have 120 hrs.I rode only 15hrs and now who knows if they are gonna fix it because it was under warranty last time and now it expired.Im gonna drop it off tomorrow.Wish me luck.

After seeing the whole story in your other thread , I say NO luck with warranty.

I don;t think that I'd tell them about running with no oil. That will only complicate the issue of the SC failing so soon. You might find out from your dealer if the tech has been trained/certified by BRP... Ron

BRP should come good for every ski they mad that is equiped with ceramic washers..

+1
    Where dealer down here are you taking the ski too?

Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!! SuperCharged/IC's Avatar
    +1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1998 View Post
    BRP should come good for every ski they mad that is equiped with ceramic washers..

They SHOULD, but they WON'T.

+1
    Call Glenn @ PP 1-954-929-1636. If anyone can argue your point to S -D He can.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information