Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What you think...

Well i found a Hull for my Damaged ski and the motor swap is going to begin so its time to get the mods done...

What you think I should do get my motor bored out or keep it at 1200, i havent looked at it good but im sure my walls are scratched in the cylinder from the sand that was shooting out of cylinder 1.
    If i bore it out how extreme should i go? Who you guys recommend i read allot of post about Lowell but i have this shop down Here called Mandys Performance which he does machine work.

All input appreciated.

Fernando

+1
    Call Mandys. You have some money to spend...

Is Mandys Expensive? or spend money you mean get hiim to start on the ski that he will show me the way?

Fernando

+1
    Fernando.
    Honestly I have no idea. My point is that rebuilding a GPR is expensive. Not specifically one shop.

It sounds like you have a new hull. Now you are probably going to spend cash on a new front piston, maybe a crankshaft, and at a minimum have a cylinder re-nikisil'd. These bores are plated. You can't just hone them.

Should i just move it up to 1300cc? or go past that i have some money to spend and its cool i just want it done right thats all i care about if the ski needs to be useless for one year taht is fine with me. Some one here is selling a 1200 bored to 1300 with 80hours use how reliable would that be?

Fernando, give me a call 786 512 6236 i've been to mandy's many times and a good friend of mine..give me a ring

David

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosteda4tq
    Should i just move it up to 1300cc? or go past that i have some money to spend and its cool i just want it done right thats all i care about if the ski needs to be useless for one year taht is fine with me. Some one here is selling a 1200 bored to 1300 with 80hours use how reliable would that be?
    Just my 2 cents, but i think that if you have head and port work done, and you already know that you want to go to a bigger bore, then i would go as far as i could all at the same time. Wtih 1200 Cylinders, you will have no problem going to 87mm which will put you at 1400cc's.

The reason i say this is because it cost the same amount if you do it all at once with porting & boring and it costs double to do Porting and then go back and do a bigger bore. I would just like to knock it all out at once, because you know that eventually you will probably want to go faster anyway, so why pay twice for it? Hope that this helps.

How many people are running something Bigger than a 1300? If i can get my hands on a 1300 top end would you still go through the hassle of getting the 1200 bored out? i would think it is more expensive to go that route.

Fernando

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosteda4tq
    How many people are running something Bigger than a 1300? If i can get my hands on a 1300 top end would you still go through the hassle of getting the 1200 bored out? i would think it is more expensive to go that route.

Fernando
    Your right, but i was thinking bigger than 1300 (1400), so it wouldn't matter wich cylinders you had, because both the 12 and 13's would still require boring. If you are looking for nothing but a 1300, then by all means just buy some 84mm pistons, 13 jugs, and get a 1300 stock head. Easy swap, but still if your going to port either of the two, then it IS cheaper to go ahead and bore the 12 jugs out to 13, because the cost is very close to being the same. Either way you still have to purchase a 13 head and 84mm pistons to get to 1300cc from a 1200cc boat.

But if your not going to port anything-----by all means just swap everything out and be done with it. That is the only way it would come out cheaper. See what i am saying?? Why buy 1300 jugs when your going to turn around and have everything ported anyway and your only staying at 1300cc's. If stopping at 1300cc, then port and bore the 1200 jugs you already have.

These are the two options that i have....

1. Get my 1200 and bore it out if so i will just go to 1400 cause im the same way you think if you are going to do it, then do it big.

2. The other choice i had was to purchase a 1300 top end send it to lowell so he can do his thing but keep it at 1300.

Which you think would be cheaper and less pain taking.

PS. now that i have you attention is there a ride plate Mod? I saw one guy did it but cant find accurate information on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information