Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cold weather/water performance

Hey guys I did a search and didn't find a whole lot of info that was really helpful. I was wondering what cold water/cold air would do for the performance of a stock 05 RXT. The water level in my river is in the mid 5ft range and is moving fairly quickly ( current ). Would the cold temps along with the fast moving current slow the ski down at all or effect the handleing or performance overall of the ski? The reason I am asking is that I went riding in Harrisburg PA today and the air temp was 37-40 degrees F and the water was probably around the 37-39 degree mark and the ski felt like it usually does but topspeed seemed to be a tad slower and the handleing seemed like it didnt want to bite and take a turn like it usually does. Thanks in advance for the help!

+1
    Typically cold air/water improve performance... maybe you were slower due to the current... that is if your going up river.

+1
    My rpm's kept climbing as the water temp plummeted until I was into the rev limiter and had to repitch. Cold water is great for performance.

I have just been out today and the air temperature was 32 degrees, the temperature guage on the ski said 46 degrees, is that the water temperature?
    The ski was much more responsive and revved up to 8140rpm- the waves were up to 10 foot high as we had a slight north wind blowing onto the North East coast of England,took me 2 hours to warm up as I took a couple of waves down the inside of the neck of my drysuit,also it has sprung a leak between the legs, my gonads were in my throat!i had a d**k like a goldfsh.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cawky View Post
    the temperature guage on the ski said 46 degrees, is that the water temperature?
    Correct....

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Correct....
    There are two temp gauges on the ski. E TEMP and L TEMP. E TEMP is the air temperature and L TEMP is the water temperature.

Thanks for the info guys...I just wanted to make sure riding in the cold water wasn't going to hurt anything!

does an '07 RXP have the two different type of temp measurements? If not I guess it's reading the water temp?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1998 View Post
    does an '07 RXP have the two different type of temp measurements? If not I guess it's reading the water temp?

I was a bit lost about the 2 settings- how do you change the setting on a x ski

+1
    07/08 ski's only have the water temp not the air temp. This is 1 reason there is no "mode" button.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information