Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamah Reliability

Tell me everyone are they reliabile?? I am concerrned about corrosion how do they shap up in this area?

Quote Originally Posted by nowornever View Post
    Tell me everyone are they reliabile?? I am concerrned about corrosion how do they shap up in this area?
    In my experience Yamaha tends to be a pretty reliable product with all their power sport vehicles. They have some issues (who doesn't?) but nothing major. As far as corrosion goes just make sure you flush them and spray them down good after every ride if you ride in salt. Use salt away and other ocean marine care products and you should be fine. They're just like anything else, take care of them and they will last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    In my experience Yamaha tends to be a pretty reliable product with all their power sport vehicles. They have some issues (who doesn't?) but nothing major. As far as corrosion goes just make sure you flush them and spray them down good after every ride if you ride in salt. Use salt away and other ocean marine care products and you should be fine. They're just like anything else, take care of them and they will last a long time.
    +1 to that, I have owned yamaha ATV's, Dirt Bikes, and Jet Skis, and other then normal wear and tear i have nvr had any major issues with any of them(except blowing my jet ski engine)

I HAVE A 2004 HO CRUISER, 99% OF THE TIME I RIDE IN SALT WATER, FOLLOWING THE FLUSHING RECOMMENDATION NEVER GOING TO HAVE A PROBLEM. !!!

tell me everyone are they reliabile?? I am concerrned about corrosion how do they shap up in this area?
    owned them all seadoo and salt doo not mix i owned a gtx /di
    2003 and all the paint pealed on the engine. And white corosion on the aluminum rivets that hold the bungie hold downs. Rotted in less than 1.5 years i washed and flushed every time out and wd 40 every where crc marine and more. Just did'nt hold up. Yamaha seems to hold up better in salt to my experence. If you ride in fresh water. Its up to you what you like.sea doo, yamaha,kawasaki, all make good machines.

me too

I believe that Yami's are more built to resist the salt issue.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    you will never have trouble with Japanese made skiis, as long as you do the correct flushing, I have had a Seadoo, Yamaha, and now Kawi and all have been good , But I do favor the Japanese made products for longevity in salt water
    ( as long as you look after them)

Waz

If you abuse/ neglect any of them they canl all turn in to a piece of junk, and let you down

Yamaha is the most reliable of all the ski manufacturers in my experience.

+1
    Yamaha Watercraft are very reliable.

Yamaha did alot of research in developing their marine engines.

As with anything mechanical, taking preventative care/maintenance measures for protecting your craft also plays a factor. Proper flushing, routine maintenance, removal of any water in the hull, winterizing, corrosion protection also must me performed in order to maintain the longevity of any craft.

Please take the time to read the owners manual of your PWC and How-To section of this forum for any tips, hints, advice.

+1
    this is one of my concerns before i bought my gpr. i ride 100% of the time in salt water. i live in destin fl which is a pretty big tourist spot. well there are a lot of jet ski rental places here and guess what???? all of them use yamaha's! why? cause they're more reliable and withstand saltwater better. rental jetskis run on the average summer here upwards of atleast 400 hours on the engines. that has to tell you something. especially when teenagers rag them out. they'll take a beating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information