Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are the GTI model reliability.

Been looking at buying Sea doo GTI just the 130 hp, I am not into speed its just for fishing and adventure.

I have been warned off from some people that Sea Doos are knothing but trouble.

So tell me people are they good or bad ? Would you buy another one ? I live in Australia, how expensive are they to service??

Nothing but trouble? They wouldn't be the best selling brand if that were true. There is also a huge market for parts. I like the GTI I have. There seems to be quite the cult for fishing of a PWC though. I will have to try it sometime. Yamaha VX110 also is equivalent to a GTI. Get a test ride on one first if you can. It always helps you feel better about your decision.

Sit back....relax...feel the wind in your teeth. RX-Speed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Nothing but trouble? They wouldn't be the best selling brand if that were true. There is also a huge market for parts. I like the GTI I have. There seems to be quite the cult for fishing of a PWC though. I will have to try it sometime. Yamaha VX110 also is equivalent to a GTI. Get a test ride on one first if you can. It always helps you feel better about your decision.
    Yeah I agree... the VX's are great. Never ridden a GTI, but they use them as rentals down here...so they must be reliable. I own 2 VX's and I bought them from a rental agency here... both with over 800 hours each...and they work like new. VERY RELIABLE! Thumbs up to both the GTI and the VX's.

+1
    +1. You can't go wrong with either brand. Sea doo and then Yamaha own most of the market. Not that Kawasaki's and Honda's are bad. They are all good quality ski's. Buy the 1 that you desire the most and you will be happy.
    For fishing though I would definitely go 3 seater for the bigger hull (more stable) and more storage space.

Quote Originally Posted by nowornever View Post
    been looking at buying sea doo gti just the 130 hp, i am not into speed its just for fishing and adventure.

I have been warned off from some people that sea doos are knothing but trouble.

So tell me people are they good or bad ? Would you buy another one ? I live in australia, how expensive are they to service??
    just bought a 2003 rx/di with a blown engine. For a second ski for family and freinds to ride. To keep them off my 2008 fx sho.
    I should of done more research befor hand. Block cracked. Crank shaft destroyed w broken rod. Cyl had chunk missing at bottom. Hope to have a running engine for about 2000.00 dollars later. I think di. Stands for dumb idiot. That needs a doctor. Rx. But the ski has never tasted salt. And looks great.

+1
    Some of the older TWO STROKE Sea Doos were prone to problems and failures. Almost all of the current skis are four strokes and generally are very reliable. As stated, the 4 stroke GTIs and VXs are both very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by nowornever View Post
    Been looking at buying Sea doo GTI just the 130 hp, I am not into speed its just for fishing and adventure.

I have been warned off from some people that Sea Doos are knothing but trouble.

So tell me people are they good or bad ? Would you buy another one ? I live in Australia, how expensive are they to service??
    MT first ski was a 2stroke GTI what a disaster,a brand new hunk of junk, i sold it within 2 months,however,the four stokes are better,......get this first ski brand new....it tipped over...did it fire up...did it f';ck..if they turn over they need 20mins or so to (DRY OUT)..WASNT TOLD THAT WHEN I BROUGHT IT,they are BAAAAAAAD..JUST MY EXPERIENCE,GET A FOUR STROKE,AND RIDE AS MANY AS YOU CAN,THE VX IS A DAMN GOOD BUDGET SKI,ULTRA RELIABLE,CHEAP TO RUN AND SERVICE BUT EACH TO THEIR OWN

+1
    What evar you do go for a 4 stroke. My pal has a vx 110 and he ripps the s*!t out of it and never has no problems jus put oil and fuel init. I have no expirience of the yamahas other than that. I think that some call seadoos un relible coz of the supercharger clutch issues other than that i think that they are better built than the yammis and i have had no problems with my 04 rxp to speak of. As said before you want soming stable if your going to be fishing off of it so go with three seats. They are just bigger and more stable period! R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    MT first ski was a 2stroke GTI what a disaster,a brand new hunk of junk, i sold it within 2 months,however,the four stokes are better,......get this first ski brand new....it tipped over...did it fire up...did it f';ck..if they turn over they need 20mins or so to (DRY OUT)..WASNT TOLD THAT WHEN I BROUGHT IT,they are BAAAAAAAD..JUST MY EXPERIENCE,GET A FOUR STROKE,AND RIDE AS MANY AS YOU CAN,THE VX IS A DAMN GOOD BUDGET SKI,ULTRA RELIABLE,CHEAP TO RUN AND SERVICE BUT EACH TO THEIR OWN

my mate had a two stroke gti an 01 if i remember correct.......he tipped his bout 10 times every day riding lol bit of an idiot and it never one didnt start or let him down!!
    but rectifiers it ate for fun.

id def go with the 4_stroke gti.but thats only my opinion ive rode both and just felt the yam was a bit dead and a big brute to turn compared to gti.

Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    my mate had a two stroke gti an 01 if i remember correct.......he tipped his bout 10 times every day riding lol bit of an idiot and it never one didnt start or let him down!!
    but rectifiers it ate for fun.

id def go with the 4_stroke gti.but thats only my opinion ive rode both and just felt the yam was a bit dead and a big brute to turn compared to gti.
    when,i say tipped,i mean my boat was upside down,i got to it aand turned it over,within say..2 mins...just my experience....my dealer said leave it for 20mins,needs to dry out before it would start,not good if your at sea..it had to go

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information