Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are they reliable?

Looking at all the different brands what do you guys think of Honda would u buy another one? Reliabile???

+1
    a guy i know rides an 03 and loves it(about 300 hrs)the turbo had to be rebuilt once,other than that he's had zero problems.....not the fastest ski around(not even close)but very dependable(jmo)

+1
    if i'm going 10 miles out to sea in florida then i'm taking the honda.

Generally speaking, anything honda makes is most reliable whether it be lawn mowers, to cars, to dirtbikes, to jet skis.

+1
    what people precieve to be the truth and what actually is are two different things.

i have never owned a honda pwc nor have i seen one on the water. i probably buy one if they made one i liked.

how ever dont let any one tell you there bullet proof compared to the rest. i fell for this line hook line and sinker with my honda f4i motorcycle. dont get me wrong i loved my bike and ill buy another but not becuase of the reliability but becuase of the ergonomics. i had just as many problems with my F4i as any other brand of motorcycle if not more problems and i take very good care of my things and dont abuse them.

all brands are gona be about on par with each other its just deciding what problems your willing to deal with. its all in how you take care of your things man.

My cousin has had a F-12x since 04' and has had zero problems with his. Just regular maint. and oil changes. Mine only has 8hrs on it so far.....

my hondas have been good to me

Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    how ever dont let any one tell you there bullet proof compared to the rest. i fell for this line hook line and sinker with my honda f4i motorcycle. i had just as many problems with my F4i as any other brand of motorcycle if not more problems and i take very good care of my things and dont abuse them.

its all in how you take care of your things man.
    Exactly, with a used motorcycle or even who knows how it was ridden prior to your ownership. The same can be said for any type of used vehicle. Abuse negates reliability obviously.

+1
    Honda and the Kawi 15Fs are the most reliable 'skis out there as long as you do at least minimal maintenance. My '02 F12x was one of the first produced and I would only replace it with another Honda [15X].

Sea Doo's are great engines and they seem to run forever, but the supercharger is the problem but on the GTi's with the 150hp motor will go for about 300 hours in the salt no prob. Honda's are great too! The only problem I see with them are all customer caused mistakes. The most common mistake I see is not fogging your motor and applying light oil on the motor especially on the turbo and that waste gate gets stuck and have to be worked free. But you lube the outside and fog the motor to get oil into the exhaust then you'll avoid most of these problems. Yamaha's are good too but seem to be having slight problems with the SHO motors and need to work out their kinks. The kawi Ultra 250 is an awesome ski, but big and heavy and even though more motor than the 215 hp RXP's I felt that the RXP was a lot quicker even though top speed might have been a few miles slower. Haven't touched the new RXPx yet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information