Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1

'08 ride plate mystery

Can anyone confirm a couple of things about the '08 plate? If anyone has their grate off, a pic or two of the bolt bosses would help.

In the pics I have included you can see the that the RXP shoe has two bolt bosses that are flush with the top of the bolt boss of an '04-'07 plate.

My question is, Do the X skis have a pump shoe that has eliminated the plastic bosses?... or does the '08 ride plate have a "raised" bolt boss tab with two different height mounting surfaces?

If people are mounting the '08 plate to pre '08 skis, I would think that the latter is true. A good pic or two would sure help.

Secondly, looking at the third pic, what is the length from an '08 plate's center bolt hole to the leading edge of the pump shoe's intake slope (if that description made any sense)?

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00700.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	563.7 KB 
ID:	110987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00702.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	485.6 KB 
ID:	110988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00701.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	519.1 KB 
ID:	110989  

+1
    I just put an 2008 open loop plate on my 2006 RXP. I removed the brass inserts and dremeled the plastic bosses out of the pump shoe. It fits perfectly with the intake grate bolt holes. The 08 shoe does not have the plastic bosses. The 08 ride plate has all three holes at the same height. Sorry I don't have any pics.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    Can anyone confirm a couple of things about the '08 plate? If anyone has their grate off, a pic or two of the bolt bosses would help.

In the pics I have included you can see the that the RXP shoe has two bolt bosses that are flush with the top of the bolt boss of an '04-'07 plate.

My question is, Do the X skis have a pump shoe that has eliminated the plastic bosses?...

Yes..

does the '08 ride plate have a "raised" bolt boss tab with two different height mounting surfaces?

No...

If people are mounting the '08 plate to pre '08 skis, I would think that the latter is true. A good pic or two would sure help.

Secondly, looking at the third pic, what is the length from an '08 plate's center bolt hole to the leading edge of the pump shoe's intake slope (if that description made any sense)?

Thanks for any help.
    The Bolt pattern on the 08 X plates are the same as the Standard RXPs bolt pattern in pic number 3..

+1
    OK, mystery solved... the bosses need to be ground down.

Now, since the RXP/T-X share the same grate it would seem that an '08 grate would be the ticket if one where to install an '08 ride plate on an older RXT/GTX. Unfortunately, the X pump shoe is shorter from the rear mounting holes to the leading edge of the shoes intake scoop. I still think it could be adapted.

+1
    OK, mystery solved... the bosses need to be ground down.

Now, since the RXP/T-X share the same grate it would seem that an '08 grate would be the ticket if one where to install an '08 ride plate on an older RXT/GTX. Unfortunately, the X pump shoe is shorter from the rear mounting holes to the leading edge of the shoes intake scoop. I still think it could be adapted.

They dont share the same grate,Just the same bolt pattern on the rideplate..Correct me if i am wrong but did they not change the hull on the RXTs including the X Models???If not then you may be able to use an 08 RXTX grate with the rideplate on your older RXT/GTXs..Like I said,Correct me if im wrong..

+1
    Scott, I think they are the same. This came up once before because one of the after-market companies (Riva, I think) carries two different part numbers. I measured them at the boat show last year (got some strange looks crawling under with a tape measure) and they measured the same. The RXT-X received the same set-back pump shoe as an RXP-X giving it the same mounting configuration for the grate. Then they extended the opening of the RXP-X making the grates the same... I think.

+1
    Scott, I think they are the same. This came up once before because one of the after-market companies (Riva, I think) carries two different part numbers. I measured them at the boat show last year (got some strange looks crawling under with a tape measure) and they measured the same. The RXT-X received the same set-back pump shoe as an RXP-X giving it the same mounting configuration for the grate. Then they extended the opening of the RXP-X making the grates the same... I think.
    Ok gotcha...I wish I had a three seater sitting in my garage right now cause this is intresting me now..

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Ok gotcha...I wish I had a three seater sitting in my garage right now cause this is intresting me now..

Remember, I got the T-X in the garage, and the RXT in the back (just flip it over)...

+1
    Hey Guys I just spoke to Danny..He said if you guys can wait till tomorrow he will get his dads 08 RXT-X grate and put it on a damaged 06 RXT to see if the front bolt hole and grate itself will line up..IF it lines up then you guys are good to go..You then could run an 08 plate and intake grate no problem which should help you guys out with the insert issue....

+1
    Thanks Scott... I saw this on the other thread also.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information