Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My engine is getting full of water?????

I pulled my 2 2007 ultra's out of the garage to run them as I always do every 2-3 weeks. I noticed one was not letting water out the pee hole so I shut it down looked it over and found nothing so I tried to restart it. It would not start as if the battery was low so I charged all day and still was so slow to start. I pulled the spark plugs and it is full of water. I was able to flush it out and start the ski but I do not want to put it back on the hose until I figure this out. I was thinking the water pump maybe??? Does anyone have any ideas??/

did run the hose without it running ?

do you run in salt water?

Yes

I did run the hose a while before it was running, but on the other ski I do this and water comes out the pee hole, It will not on the ski in question.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteMan View Post
    I pulled my 2 2007 ultra's out of the garage to run them as I always do every 2-3 weeks. I noticed one was not letting water out the pee hole so I shut it down looked it over and found nothing so I tried to restart it. It would not start as if the battery was low so I charged all day and still was so slow to start. I pulled the spark plugs and it is full of water. I was able to flush it out and start the ski but I do not want to put it back on the hose until I figure this out. I was thinking the water pump maybe??? Does anyone have any ideas??/

When you say you shut it down , Did you turn the hose off first , before you shut ski down while you were looking around in the ski?? Never run hose with engine OFF

Sometimes it takes my ski a while before water comes out the pisser, Depending on hose pressure, angle of ski, and if any bugs have decided to build a new home in the pisser fitting.

Always turn hose off when engine not running

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by madrui View Post
    do you run in salt water?
    All do respect do you know how important it is to not run the water hose to the engine while the engine isn't running?
    your post really confuse me ?
    It would be nice if the original poster addresses this issue tonight IMHO

I wouldnt run water thru the ski without the motor running. It can cause water to run back in the exhaust valves.

engine

I turned the water on and off each time I started it, It was running and I never saw any water come out of the pisser. That is when it stopped running, I could not figure out why the water would not come out the pisser. I am going to mess with it tomorrow. I will keep you posted

I have run mine on the hose without water coming out the pisser. I just didnt turn up the water pressure enough. Maybe you blew out an exhaust manifold gasket.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteMan View Post
    I turned the water on and off each time I started it, It was running and I never saw any water come out of the pisser. That is when it stopped running, I could not figure out why the water would not come out the pisser. I am going to mess with it tomorrow. I will keep you posted
    I had the same problem with the pisser being clogged. I removed the exhaust manifold where the pisser hose connects too. It had some sort of build up in it. cleaned it out and the pisser is pissing! lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information