Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RXP Hull 'mod''

SPEED COMES 1/10 @ A TIME SpeedFreeks Racing's Avatar
    +1

RXP Hull 'mod''

here are a few pics of a lifting pad that i made on my rxp last summer. by building this pad i tried to mimic the pad on an outboard speed boat hoping to create more bow lift in the front of my hull for more top speed at the time my ski was running 81+mph @ 8180with the stock ecu.

well here are the results: awesome hole shot it got up on plane real quick, acceleration up to top speed seamed to be better... the best part was that it turned unlike anything i have ever ridden.... when turning it laid into the turns like i was on a sport bike.... the front of the ski felt like it was on a pivot when turning around the boues.....the ski also rode higher off the water... my side wash was not even touching the sponsons at all..... the BAD part was that it lost 3+mph on top end...... need less to say i did not feel it was worth keeping it on the hull so i sanded it back off and put it back to stock.

just wanted to share some of my findings....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01972.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	111102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01975.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	111103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01974.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	111104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01977.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	111105  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreeks Racing View Post
    here are a few pics of a lifting pad that i made on my rxp last summer. by building this pad i tried to mimic the pad on an outboard speed boat hoping to create more bow lift in the front of my hull for more top speed at the time my ski was running 81+mph @ 8180with the stock ecu.

well here are the results: awesome hole shot it got up on plane real quick, acceleration up to top speed seamed to be better... the best part was that it turned unlike anything i have ever ridden.... when turning it laid into the turns like i was on a sport bike.... the front of the ski felt like it was on a pivot when turning around the boues.....the ski also rode higher off the water... my side wash was not even touching the sponsons at all..... the BAD part was that it lost 3+mph on top end...... need less to say i did not feel it was worth keeping it on the hull so i sanded it back off and put it back to stock.

just wanted to share some of my findings....
    i wonder if by raising the bow the rear needs to be angled up as well for the same amount that it was raised in the front

+1

hull mods

i feel that the hole ski was out of the water because the water was not hitting the sponsons. also my buddy said that he could see from the back that the ride plate was riding on top of the water.... he also said he could really see the V of the hull from the back of the ski a lot more and that my wake was very small. well i have moved on from the crazy hull mods and was running 87mph at the end of this past summer.

Try putting those chimes closer to the back.

+1
    I wonder what would happen if you were to refine the design a bit more and maybe run it all the way to the intake. I know Fountian power boat use the same idea on there hull.

+1
    if just the ride plate was in the water i would think you were getting air in the pump witch would explane the loss in top speed.

+1

hull mods

the reason i did not bring the pad back that far was so that it would not deflect the water from going in the pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreeks Racing View Post
    the reason i did not bring the pad back that far was so that it would not deflect the water from going in the pump.
    You should try it on an RXP-X then. I heard they have plenty of water going into the pump

The rear is not sitting in the water so the intake is getting air from the bow lifting too much.
    On boats the rear doesn't need to sit in the water that much, the lower needs the water.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Back in the day Sea Doo used to sell a kit like that for the X-4 hulls making them a full V but it was a closed course mod not really for top speed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information