Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Fuel Economy for Different Models?

Hi,

New member that has been lurking here for a while. Enjoying the forum and the good info.

Willl be buying a new ski in the next few weeks at one of the boat shows probably.
    Am seriously looking at an 07' Ultra 250 as the dealer has 5 and other nearby dealers have several 08' left over. There are also Ultra LX's as well as the STX 15. FYI, prices are $8900 for the 07' Ultra 250, $8100 for 08' Ultra and $6900 for 08' STX.

My question is what are the real world gph figures for these models compared to say an RXT which is also on the list?
    How does the fuel use vary at different speeds say 25, 35, 45, mph etc? Will all skis get about the same at 25 mph? I'm guessing the high perf models really start sucking fuel at speed?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie

I am not sure how to answer your post in GPH but I made a 90 mile trip a few months ago on an 08 250x and refueled at the half way point and it took around 12 gallons. So that's about 45 miles of riding some WOT runs but mostly riding about 45 to 50 mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraskiit View Post
    I am not sure how to answer your post in GPH but I made a 90 mile trip a few months ago on an 08 250x and refueled at the half way point and it took around 12 gallons. So that's about 45 miles of riding some WOT runs but mostly riding about 45 to 50 mph.
    Well I guess that would be about 12 GPH if that sounds correct. So you started with a full tank and about an hour or 45 miles into the trip you filled up and put in 12 gallons? I wonder what it would have been if you were doing say 30 mph and took about 3 hours vs. 2 hours?

This is very good info and thanks for providing it. That is not too bad for going along at that speed. I'm guessing that a lesser skis that got pretty good economy would be at nearly WOT at 45-50 mph and using close to that in GPH. Or maybe I'm wrong and a Sea Doo GTI or Yam VX would use quite a bit less at almost full throttle.

+1
    WOT GPH on an ULTRA250 was nearly 20GPH for me. Anything under WOT, and your mileage will vary.

The RXT will be closer to 16-18 IMHO. The 215hp RXP was 16 at WOT.

+1

MPG Champ

The stx-15F is:

2.7 gph at 20 mph...
    5.0 gph at 40 mph...
    10.9 gph at WOT 62 mph....

That equals over 5.5 miles per gallon at full speed. At 40 mph, Watercraft Illustrated saw a burn rate of 5.0 gph. Thats 8 MPG !!! With a 16 gallon fuel tank, you have a range of 90 miles at full throttle, and 128 miles at 40 mph.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

07 250x
    I have done many 85 mile ( 110km ) trips on 1 tank, I dont have the deep pickup. and there is a bit of WOT river racing in there as well. ( Dave chim in)

But Jet250 has the deep pick up and he gets about 10mins more, when very low my ski will get fuel surge on tightish turn's after that size ride, but will still get me back to the ramp no worries and I still only get 76lt's in the tank when surging.

Waz

+1
    have the deep fuel pick up and get around 130km per tank with reserves from empty can fill to 80ltr. thats two up and lots of WOT.

+1
    My 15f I did a 100+ mile trip of cruising on one tank and still had some fuel. That was flat water criusing. Are you really interested in mileage or speed because it is hard to have both. I believe the 15f to be one of the best speed for fuel mileage out there but if you want to do 65 mph + than your not interested in mileage.

I don't know how those other guys are going 80 + miles on one tank with the 250X. We have a few in the club and with 20 gallons in the tank on our club rides I keep the rides to under 60 miles without a full up. Those things are the thirstiest things I have ever seen. They will blow right by me at WOT but I am more interested in having the best of both worlds, not to mention not having to worry about the supercharger going out which I don't know the lifetime of the Kawi but the Sea doo washers seem to have limits.

Mine now has around 270 hours on it with no internal complications yet. One of the quickest skis stock naturally aspirated. Even WOT if it is 10.9 that would still get you around 90 miles on a tank and you arrived in only 90 minutes.

If you want to really cruise forever that would be my Wife's Yamaha HO with 18 gallons and around the same mileage and almost as fast.

+1
    For a solid mid 50's ski that you will get tired of riding before you need to fill up. You won't need to ease up on the throttle when others will cry it is too rough. Reliablity that I am amazed by. I have not one regret about my Ultra LX. Yes I am slower but I will keep riding. Always get over 100 miles on a tank. Ease up about a grand and 120. 20 gallon fuel tank. I have never really kept track of what I replace, I refill at the house.

+1
    i get about three hours of riding out of a tank on the 250x.the ski has a deep fuel pick up wich gave me about 10 minutes more ride time.it is a verry thirsty ski at wot but that is the nature of forced induction.it is nice to have it when you want to go the thing will rip your arms off from a stop.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information