Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kawasaki 260X & Seadoo 255 iS?

Hey Guys,

I have been watching this forum for about a year now and have been planning on getting a 260X until I saw all of the features that the new Seadoo iS 255 has. I talked with a salesman at the Houston Boat Show this weekend and he said the new iS 255 spanks the 260X no problem (he said he sells both). I asked him how that was even possible considering this jet ski is supposed to the meanest thing on the water and all he could say was that it was due to it being lighter...

I also like the fact that the Seadoo is a closed system so it will not require as much maintenance other than regular oil changes (so I’m told). The suspension is awesome too, but I wont know how that will affect the riding.

I just wanted to see what you guys thought about both these machines as far as power and speed and most importantly, flying over rough water instead of plowing into it...

I don't think too many if any have rode both the new kawi and sea-doo both. Don,t ever listen to a salesman. They are the worst source for honest info.

David

Quote Originally Posted by TruStud View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have been watching this forum for about a year now and have been planning on getting a 260X until I saw all of the features that the new Seadoo iS 255 has. I talked with a salesman at the Houston Boat Show this weekend and he said the new iS 255 spanks the 260X no problem (he said he sells both). I asked him how that was even possible considering this jet ski is supposed to the meanest thing on the water and all he could say was that it was due to it being lighter...

I also like the fact that the Seadoo is a closed system so it will not require as much maintenance other than regular oil changes (so Iím told). The suspension is awesome too, but I wont know how that will affect the riding.

I just wanted to see what you guys thought about both these machines as far as power and speed and most importantly, flying over rough water instead of plowing into it...

i think with time that suspension will be one thing that will give problems...
    and the close loop if you see the fastest guys in seadoo they take of the close loop

+1

salesmen.. or bullshit artist

Hey Guys,

I also like the fact that the Seadoo is a closed system so it will not require as much maintenance other than regular oil changes (so Iím told). The suspension is awesome too, but I wont know how that will affect the riding.

Well for one thing the salesmen you encounter at the shows or at a dealership don't know anything about the product they are selling. I have been in the automotive business for almost 30 years in the service end of it. Most of those so called salesmen are doing all they can to show the customer where the door handle is to open the car up. The best thing i can tell you is do your own research and find out everything you can.
    That suspension that seadoo has??? I rode one of the GTx's back in the mid fall and it gave me the feeling that the ski wasn't that stable and gave the feeling of being erractic, on the verge of crashing. You might ask Skip about how the 260 is .. he is doing some testing with it. check out his thread in the projects forum ... It has some really good info n there. good luck to ya ... stop listening to the salesmen and find the good points and bad points between the 2. You will be alot happier in the end. Personally i would go with the 260x.. that ski is going to have seadoo going back to the drawing board bro.

I would love to know what he is basing that on , seadoo's are usually fast ski's but I've heard there reliability is questionable . Infact I've met several people who own seadoo's telling me they are in the shop as much as they are in the water . WHo do you believe Not to mention seadoo's cost more so is the salesmen looking at which ski will put more money is his pocket ? Do your own research , you'll be better off !

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Of the 2 you mentioned...... Id go for the 260 hands down!!!!!!!!

the 260 would spank dat new IS the Seadoo is governed to 65 mph and needs major work to get it above that speed he is just telling you all of this crap because the IS is a few grand more.

Hey Guys,

Ya he sells both and is full of CRAP.
    The 260 will flat out b1tch slap that IS and come around to slap it again with a FULL tank of gas.. The only thing thats hanging with the new 260 is a STOCK RXP-X. Trust me I own one of the first one that a person could buy. Testing them over and over has proven that the 260 is at 71mph with just a RIVA ride plate.

Tell your saleslier to give me ring some day. Ill update his sales pitch for him.

I bet he aint even been on the water. Ask him were the oil goes on anyone of those units he's selling.

Quote Originally Posted by STX-15FER View Post
    Well for one thing the salesmen you encounter at the shows or at a dealership don't know anything about the product they are selling...
    I don't disagree but I know a lot of salesmen who say they can sell anything because they sell the customer not the product. Ive always thought that was funny. And of course, some of those guys are happy to say STX15F will throw in 12 months of free service but without telling him!

You read greenhulk for a few months, though, and you become a well informed buyer. Knowledge is power!

i wouldnt pay the price for the iS unless it gives you a BJ while you're riding. even then..... agree w/ skips Kawi is lookin good in 09'

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information