Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jetting With FA's

Hi, i have a Gp1200 with YVPS power valves and i am in the process of converting to premix everything else is stock. I have just ordered some flame arresters and was hoping someone could give me another opinion on what i should do with the carbs as everyone seems to think different.

If i fit the flame arresters can i get away with just turning the two air screws by quarter of a turn? I read on the post above that the standard settings on the carbs were to lean for cruizing at 4k-5k rpm will fitting the flame arresters worsen this?

My problem is the ski is on 180 hours and as far as i am aware has never been rebuilt, i would like to rebuild the ski but its seems to be taking all my money in other problems! First of all one of the power valves snapped luckily i got to it before it did any damage. Then the oil pump cracked and leaked the tank of oil in to the hull . Please help me i have only ridden this ski 4 times and i love it apart from the problems.

Thanks for any info!

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

You will have to re-jet to use the FA's and with 180hrs it is time for a carb rebuild..

+1
    i dont know how much u are willing to spend but a good investment is a d plate to remove the stock cat /con. and get the sensor removal chip
    wave eater power valve clips
    and then get block off plate run premix and your ski should be good
    o yea and beer dart is rite like he alwyas is
    rebuild those carbs

Cheers for the info guys, sorry i forgot to mention mine does have the d plate fitted (as standard i think).

I live in Guernsey in the Channel Islands which is a tiny island in the English channel so i don't have many options, either i can send the carbs away to have them set up or have a go myself

I wanted to at least do a top end rebuild on the ski but i don't really want to spend too much on the performance for the moment.

Could you give me any tips on either rebuilding the carbs or somewhere that could rebuild them for me. If i have to shell out for the carbs i guess it will be worth it when we eventually get some sun

Thanks again

welcome to the group. Use the search function
    you'll want to bump the lows up 100 or 105 pilot Jets, eliminate the accelerator pump. May want to change to a 95 gram spring and 1.5 n/s not sure if that will be too much fuel
    I assume you head is stock?
    Last edited by Dirty Sanchez; 01-08-2009 at 02:31 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys3581 View Post
    Cheers for the info guys, sorry i forgot to mention mine does have the d plate fitted (as standard i think).

I live in Guernsey in the Channel Islands which is a tiny island in the English channel so i don't have many options, either i can send the carbs away to have them set up or have a go myself

I wanted to at least do a top end rebuild on the ski but i don't really want to spend too much on the performance for the moment.

Could you give me any tips on either rebuilding the carbs or somewhere that could rebuild them for me. If i have to shell out for the carbs i guess it will be worth it when we eventually get some sun

Thanks again
    Absolutely, on the carb re-build.

Send them to this performance shop: http://islandracing.net/watercraft.html

He does the best re-building for carbs around.

180 hours is getting up in the longevity range. Pre-mixing your fuel will assure you that there is oil getting to the engine. This is a very wise move on your part if you decide to go that way..and it's cheap. Remove the oil pump and assembly then pre-mix your gas and oil when you fill up. This is a great insurance policy on the longevity of your ski.

Cheers.

+1
    Never personally dealt with Carl on my carb work.

I use OsideBill for my stock carb work.

Duke aint no slouch neither, but hes all Sea poopoo now.

Ok thanks guys you must have it good out there, good lakes, good weather and the people to fix them

+1
    make sure you check out the how to section of the forum - lots of good info there

here is a post on carb rebuilding

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11134

+1
    Honestly I have not seen that many different opinions on how to jet with F/A's I think most people agree on what works. see post #1 in this link it is bullet proof jetting proved to work time and time again.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30369

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information