Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva stg3/2rude = ?? hp

What kind of horsepower we could see from riva stg3 plus 2rude SC on RXP?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post
    My guess.....275 hp

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    My guess.....275 hp
    i thought riva rated the stg 3 at 296hp

+1
    I would guess around 300 hp with the 2-rude.

+1
    Im thinking around 280. Riva dyno is know to read high. As is the seadoo 1 Im sure that i have read that the x boats are pushing 240 in real terms. People on here have done alot of calculations working out HP and due to fuel supply and displacment and a few claims of power just didnt add up. The rotax racing engins are pushing 320ish with alot more work inside them than a stge three with a 2rude. My 0.2 R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post
    As you can see there are many opinions on what hp stock RXPs or standard Stage 3s produce, and I don't think anyone has put that exact combo on a real dyno either. Unfortunately your question is hard to answer and the answers are somewhat meaningless since there are such different hp claims out there. Remember too that combo requires additional fueling mods and is harder to tune, maintain and keep in one piece for many hours.

Just my .02 but a better question might be how fast is a Riva Stg 3 plus 2Rude? My guess on that one is that in the right conditions, setup correctly, that should run 84 - 85+ mph with closed loop plate, 86 - 87+ with open loop plate and cooling. Just my opinion though, and in hot weather those numbers might be hard to achieve too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Im thinking around 280. Riva dyno is know to read high. As is the seadoo 1 Im sure that i have read that the x boats are pushing 240 in real terms. People on here have done alot of calculations working out HP and due to fuel supply and displacment and a few claims of power just didnt add up. The rotax racing engins are pushing 320ish with alot more work inside them than a stge three with a 2rude. My 0.2 R88
    True, but the way I'm figuring is that the stage 3 charger is about 11lbs boost and the 2 rude is about 15lbs. I would think that 4 lbs of boost should add 30-40 extra hp. Even if the stage 3 is only 270 the 2 rude tuned properly should put it in the 300 range.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    As you can see there are many opinions on what hp stock RXPs or standard Stage 3s produce, and I don't think anyone has put that exact combo on a real dyno either. Unfortunately your question is hard to answer and the answers are somewhat meaningless since there are such different hp claims out there. Remember too that combo requires additional fueling mods and is harder to tune, maintain and keep in one piece for many hours.

Just my .02 but a better question might be how fast is a Riva Stg 3 plus 2Rude? My guess on that one is that in the right conditions, setup correctly, that should run 84 - 85+ mph with closed loop plate, 86 - 87+ with open loop plate and cooling. Just my opinion though, and in hot weather those numbers might be hard to achieve too.
    I agree.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    True, but the way I'm figuring is that the stage 3 charger is about 11lbs boost and the 2 rude is about 15lbs. I would think that 4 lbs of boost should add 30-40 extra hp. Even if the stage 3 is only 270 the 2 rude tuned properly should put it in the 300 range.
    Yeh I think as Vern said without putting an engine on a dyno and reproducing the hot conditions that it has to run in i think it will be a long descussion as to what an engine really produces. Also as said before, i think that on the same day in the same water it will always come down to who has the faster ski. I guess numbers are erelivent if you cant get the power in the water efficiently. Also with a marine engine how do you measure the power, straight off the crank or off the end of the drive shaft when you will have lost abit of power in the pump and seals ect ect? R88

+1
    Dyno numbers mean nothing to me and any "guesses" on HP are over exaggerated anyway.

My dyno is my GPS. That is the true measure of performance of these watercraft. There is more to making big speed on a ski than just increasing HP. Hull and pump efficiency play a large role.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information