Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

speedometer error rate -newbie

i do not has a gps, what is the average error rate between the two. i hit 70 today, all -up to 5 hrs on the red 05.

+1
    whats odd is the RXP speedometer wont read past 70 on most skis. i've heard of very few actually reading above that.

if you are reading 70 you are probably doing an honest 68 on GPS.

are some stronger out of the box then others?

yes jon, it all depends on how true your hull is and also if you get a prop that is better than the rest.

good question jon, both of my 05 rxp's read 74 mph on the digital speedo only for the first day i ran them 2 weeks ago, now they read a consistent 71 mph on the speedo. my red one seems just a tad faster for some reason. but my green one is my main ski and i ride the shit out of it. so maybe it's seeing signs of wear.

+1
    I've seen 70 stock on the speedo. I've done some middle of the road mods and still see 70. I finally bought a GPS and with a lot of gas, some "seen better conditions" water, I saw 70 on the speedo and the GPS read 69.9. I honestly believe that my speedo won't go past 70. I'm hoping to go beyond that with the GPS.

+1
    WOW, im glad to hear that your speedo's are reading 74. Maybe the 05 speedo's are different than those on the 04 model?
    I'd like to hear from other 05 owners on what speeds their dreamo is reading.

my 05 doesn't go past 70 it seems. I radared it at 69.8 but that was before the stage 1. I plan to radar again this weekend. I was also told by my sea-doo mechanic that he has yet to see either an 04 or 05 go beyond 70 on the digital speedo.

The actual error rate of the speedo depends on alot of factors. Speedo readings can vary with something as simple as moving your body weight to the back of the ski, trim position, glass vs chop and so on. This is true of any ski that uses a paddle wheel hall effect sensor to judge speed.

Basicly in short, there is no definate error rate. It simply cannot be measured. It could be as far off as +/- 5 mph or more at WOT. At lower speeds, it seems to have a lower range.

If you were to ride around with a gps, you would see some moments it's dead on, others it's not even close.

The speedo is there to give you a ROUGH idea of how fast you are going. That's about all you can count on.

Mine never reads higher than 70 either (no matter what the GPS says). But, I've been on Jon's (pelgroso) and personally seen his read something like 74-76 on the dreamo, so who knows...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information