Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

GPS and Tach numbers for analysis

First off I just want to thank Jerry. I ordered a Pet 2100DX from his store on Monday around 11 and it arrived here in NC on Friday afternoon. Thanks Jerry!!

This is the first time I have been out with a decent tach. Ski is a 2000 GPR with 170 hours. Mods include:

Pro Tec rec head
    F/A's
    Reed Stuffer
    Jet Works
    Free Flow exhaust
    R&D Plate (no mods)
    1200 2 bar intake
    Island Racing carb mod
    PPK
    Nujet 6.5 pitched to 12/18.5 I believe

Temp today was 85 and around 60-70% humidity. Water temp around 55-60.

My avg top speed was between 67 to 67.5 with the occasional 68 and RPMS were an avg of 7100 with a max of 7120 and min of 7060. All runs were done with a FULL tank of gas.

NOTE: I have a severe porposing problem I need to get under control, I have my sponsons stepped but was not running that setup today. My ski wouldnt even think about letting me go superman or even bring weight to the back of the ski.

So now, what can you gurus tell me based on this information. In all honesty im not totally pleased with these numbers. I want 70! Is my ski running fine based on these numbers and RPMs or can I mess with the prop and get some more speed.

Thanks guys for all your help. I love this freaking board!

+1
    did you seal up face of tach> if not may fail /

later cd

Ok, I'm new at this but here goes-
    You could get that ride plate trued and angled. This might be the cheapest speed. possible 1-2mph gain. Give Jim at performance pwc a call. If it were me I'd do this first. Also you need to keep your ski from porposing, step the sponsons so you can get your weight back. This should get you to 70.

Most people are upgrading to the '05 pump and dynafly 14/20 prop. This is probably good for another 2 mph.

+1
    My '00 GPR was running a bit faster than that (about 68.5) with a stock intake grate and stock rideplate, no carb mods other than rejetting, F/As, PPK, reed stuffers, Group K head, Solas 13/19, and a Stinger slowing it down. My mechanic with a D-plate ski and about the same mods only had maybe .5 mph on me. Step the sponsoons, send the ride plate to Jim at PWC, and you should pick up your speed.

One thing... the stock grate is fast, but you can end up getting thrown if you chop the throttle off while at WOT... when I did the last of my mods to my ski, it took an unexpected left turn on me and almost threw me off. Might want to consider an aftermarket intake grate.

+1
    you are very correct about chopping the throttle...I almost went for a ,bounce,bounce,bounce,swim! (stock intake grate)

+1
    Thanks for the input guys. However, I was hoping for some input on my RPM's. Im not really familiar with the RPM range for these GPRs when modded and with certain props. Any insight in regards to this would be great. I feel like something is holding this ski back.

+1
    Well just thought I would update...

Went out today but changed a few things first. Stepped the sponsons and changed the riva 1200 2 bar for the stock grate. Ski pulled the best numbers to date.

69.7 @ 7180-7220 back to back to back, also a couple of 69.8's. Half tank of fuel. Lowest speeds were a couple of high 68's.

The weather today was basically the same as yesterday. For my setup the stock grate dominates. Im going to do some rideplate work and I should finally reach my 70 mph goal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chip
    did you seal up face of tach> if not may fail /

later cd

sure did, I used automotive clear coat.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    hello sv650sgpr, Once you reach 70 plus you need to take the factory grate out. Because the next thing that will be flying is you through the air.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information