Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Repitching RXP-X Prop?

I need a repitch and wanted to hear from those that have done it with the stock prop and how it worked out for you. Mods are air intake, grate, manifold arrestor removal. Ski runs 8140 in the dead of summer and is all over the limiter in spring and fall.

What are the differences in a stock repitch and a 15/22R in terms of acceleration, mid-range, top-end?

I know a couple guys have taken the stock prop to 80 mph so unless a 15/22R or 15/20R (tweaked) provides a considerable gain in acceleration I can't justify the price.

+1
    The Solas 15-20 offers the best potential. Those 22s are pretty mangled up and take to much time to get straight, its just a repitched 20.

Stock props are really good but about 1 or more mph from a good Solas pitch at the same rpm.

+1
    I pulled mu oem prop and spec'd it. Pitch was way off and inconsistant from 1 blade to another. Pitched all of them to 14/24. I was having the same problem as you. Hitting the rev limiter at 3/4 to 4/5 throttle in cold conditions. Last time out it turned 8100-8120 initially which gave me the low speed in sig. and after burning off 3/4 of the tank it was running 8060-8080 and gave me the high speed in my sig. I think heat soak caused the rpm drop.
    We'll see what warm weather does to it. I'm doing the manifold mod right now so I may have to repitch again. I don't know what that mod will do to rpm's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    I pulled mu oem prop and spec'd it. Pitch was way off and inconsistant from 1 blade to another. Pitched all of them to 14/24. I was having the same problem as you. Hitting the rev limiter at 3/4 to 4/5 throttle in cold conditions. Last time out it turned 8100-8120 initially which gave me the low speed in sig. and after burning off 3/4 of the tank it was running 8060-8080 and gave me the high speed in my sig. I think heat soak caused the rpm drop.
    We'll see what warm weather does to it. I'm doing the manifold mod right now so I may have to repitch again. I don't know what that mod will do to rpm's.

Interesting. Where did you get your pitch gage? I think I read in thread here that the manifold upgrade yields 100 RPM, but I am skeptical. I'll be taking mine out soon so we will see.

Duke, what is your experience with repitching the stock prop?

+1
    M-power, I just printed the ones on here off using clear plastic sheets from office max. Not pretty but they worked. Skoepp says he's getting .7-.8 psi more boost at 3-4,000 ft. altitude or something like that so it has to help. 8-10 more ponies per pound of boost isn't it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    T-X

Stock prop suppose aprox 14/23. Some say they measure them different but it is the number out there. Mine measured 12.5 - 13/21.5 - 22 without bending.
    I had added 2 mm to it so it was not very pretty with 2 mm on the end, but it still ran 73mph, but that was all it was going to do on my ski. I am sure you could repitch the entire blade to a perfect say 13/23 and it would be perform beter.
    But I think a solas 15/20 is a better prop to repitch if your going to rebend one.

Best prop I have run in my X is the R and D pro pitch 13/23. It measures out real nice and just performs well.
    The 15/22 performs very well also. I have seen that you get a little more prop spin out of the hole. It can be over come with the right grate setup.

Both props perform better then my stock, but you could rebend a stock to perfection and it should do fine.

Sorry cant give you exact differences in low, mid, I would be lying if i did.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    i have had good results repitching the x prop from stock up to 85mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    i have had good results repitching the x prop from stock up to 85mph.
    Nice job, I suppose you got some good equipment there to pitch a prop.
    I dont suppose that is possible with a back yard pitch.

+1
    [quote=Duke;920084]The Solas 15-20 offers the best potential. Those 22s are pretty mangled up and take to much time to get straight, its just a repitched 20.

Duke--You are correct about the early 15/22Rs bought in April/May 2008. Yesterday I received a new 15/22R from Riva. Put it one my pitch gauge and its perfect. Found no welding over the zero on 20 and restamped 2.

+1
    [quote=Sundance;920557]
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The Solas 15-20 offers the best potential. Those 22s are pretty mangled up and take to much time to get straight, its just a repitched 20.

Duke--You are correct about the early 15/22Rs bought in April/May 2008. Yesterday I received a new 15/22R from Riva. Put it one my pitch gauge and its perfect. Found no welding over the zero on 20 and restamped 2.
    Good info. So the leading edge blades were all 15 on spot and trailering 22 exact.
    Let me know how that performs for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information