+1

Interesting Find

Back in April 2008 when I purchased my 2008 RXPX (which I have since sold) when installing the Riva stage one kit, I noticed--like everyone else--that the Solas Concord 15/22R prop where the pitch was stamped it was found that where the last number two of the pitch size had been welded and it looked like someone had taken a 15/20 and repitched it and stamped the last number two on it. Well, needing another 15/22R for my current 2006 RXP I ordered another one from Riva. It arrived today and I inspected it very close and found that the area where the pitch is stamped is very clean and I can find no evidence of alteration. So I am assuming that now we are getting a true 15/22R. I put my pitch gauge on it and found the blades to be pitched as advirtised--both at the root and the trailing edges. Just thought I would pass these findings on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Back in April 2008 when I purchased my 2008 RXPX (which I have since sold) when installing the Riva stage one kit, I noticed--like everyone else--that the Solas Concord 15/22R prop where the pitch was stamped it was found that where the last number two of the pitch size had been welded and it looked like someone had taken a 15/20 and repitched it and stamped the last number two on it. Well, needing another 15/22R for my current 2006 RXP I ordered another one from Riva. It arrived today and I inspected it very close and found that the area where the pitch is stamped is very clean and I can find no evidence of alteration. So I am assuming that now we are getting a true 15/22R. I put my pitch gauge on it and found the blades to be pitched as advirtised--both at the root and the trailing edges. Just thought I would pass these findings on.
    Nice, you want to sell it.

+1
    There was only a limited number of impellers made with the weld/restamp of the 15/22R pitch designation. The reason for this is because Riva placed a huge initial order for 15/22's with Solas so Solas recycled some 15/20 castings and welded/restamped before pitch blocking the impeller to a 15/22. Very few got out this way and the rest and all current impellers do not have the restamp.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Nice, you want to sell it.
    Dang skoepp--I just got it-----

Jerry--Thanks for the insight.

+1
    Dang skoepp--I just got it-----

Jerry--Thanks for the insight.
    Ray, i was just giving you hard time after all that looking for a 15/22.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Ray, i was just giving you hard time after all that looking for a 15/22.
    Yep--I knew you were. By the way--have you tested out your T-X since the changes you were doing to it?? If I remember it was the SC--ECU--one or the other or both.

+1
    Yep--I knew you were. By the way--have you tested out your T-X since the changes you were doing to it?? If I remember it was the SC--ECU--one or the other or both.
    NO still stock, almost running 75 in cool weather. Not sure which way i want to go. Thinking, thinking, thinking and still not sure.

Leaning towards keeping it the way it is until i get my RXP running, then maybe a ecu flash and keep the 137 mm stocker.

+1
    Let me know about the stock ECU flash--cost-results. The reason for asking is I have a 2006 GTX 185 constantly running on the rev limiter at 7600 RPM which equates to 66.7 mph with a full tank of fuel. Have installed portions of Riva's stage one kit for the 185 HP. Rather than always tweeking the prop I would rather have a rev limit around 8000 to 8100 rpm. If I were to use a 2006 RXP/RXT ECU to obtain 8100 rpm I would be running to rich without using a intercooler.

Thread Information