Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Angry OEM Supercharger clutch washer failure on my RXT-X

Hi all, i`m new to the forum but i`ve been speaking to Jerry (4 tec performance) via e-mail since the last month or so now, regarding an issue with my ski going down on power at the end of November 08. On investigation, it`s now transpired that one of the OEM Supercharger Clutch washers failed completely. On removing the supercharger, i found that one of the washers was missing from the shaft. This had obviously fallen down inside the motor. The washer pieces have totally destroyed both oil pumps, casings and some major engine components, with a repair bill amounting to $3500.00. Thankfully my dealer is going to replace all of the parts and i`m looking at a full rebuild. Pretty gutted as my ski has only got 38 hrs on the clock. I certainly wont be rebuilding the supercharger with OEM washers as i`ve bought Riva ones from Jerry and i`ll be fitting these. A word of caution for any of you out there with these OEM washers, please seriously consider changing them because these OEM`s arent worth the risk.

+1
    Welcome to the forum

"Sorry about your issues"

So what kind of riding do you do? flat water, ocean, just wondering if you ride hard and come unhooked alot or put arround.

Also, did you not ever see signs that your rpms were droping before the issue happened or was it running perfect and then bam.

Good luck with your new build.

+1
    Sorry to here this heckie!!! Not good news at all.

Another member that lives in south Fl. (madtork) just had his RXP-X SC fail at 70 hours or so. Not sure if his washer completely failed but the charger quit charging.

Looks like I might need to upgrade all these X boats I've been working on.

+1
    We ride our ski`s in the ocean, in various sea conditions. Wouldn`t say the ski is out of the water very often. No warning of the impending doom. One day it was fine the next day the ski was down on power. 6000 rpm`s and 47 mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    We ride our ski`s in the ocean, in various sea conditions. Wouldn`t say the ski is out of the water very often. No warning of the impending doom. One day it was fine the next day the ski was down on power. 6000 rpm`s and 47 mph.
    This is the way Madtork's SCer went, too. Ran good on Friday and did just like heckies on Saturday. Pretty sure he lost a washer for sure. The SCer could be turned by hand while still installed. At the very least check your slip and/or upgrade your washers now. Also, increase the slip maybe a good idea, too.

same as mine at 70hrs ...but without the whole engine damage part..that sucks...

+1

ttt

KirkF350, yu reading this

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Hi all, i`m new to the forum but i`ve been speaking to Jerry (4 tec performance) via e-mail since the last month or so now, regarding an issue with my ski going down on power at the end of November 08. On investigation, it`s now transpired that one of the OEM Supercharger Clutch washers failed completely. On removing the supercharger, i found that one of the washers was missing from the shaft. This had obviously fallen down inside the motor. The washer pieces have totally destroyed both oil pumps, casings and some major engine components, with a repair bill amounting to $3500.00. Thankfully my dealer is going to replace all of the parts and i`m looking at a full rebuild. Pretty gutted as my ski has only got 38 hrs on the clock. I certainly wont be rebuilding the supercharger with OEM washers as i`ve bought Riva ones from Jerry and i`ll be fitting these. A word of caution for any of you out there with these OEM washers, please seriously consider changing them because these OEM`s arent worth the risk.
    is your ski for sale ? i'm in the uk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    same as mine at 70hrs ...but without the whole engine damage part..that sucks...
    Was the washer gone??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    KirkF350, yu reading this
    Watching closely. Waiting to see how this pans out. If it means a couple of bills and days without the boat, so what.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information