Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I broke down and got a Garmin Etrex

Tried it out this morning and got a 68 even on my first run,then 66's & 67's from then on. I am fairly happy with the numbers,as I am still bone stock and have almost 60 hours on it now.Now I'm curious about how much of that I will lose in the afternoon heat.It was in the mid 70's and glass smooth this morning.

+1
    Bert, what RPM's were you turning? If you turn the same RPM's in the afternoon heat you may not lose anything.

Jerry is correct If you turn the same RPM's in the afternoon heat you may not lose anything. If your RPM's drop in the after noon then you may lose a mile depending on how many RPMs you do lose.

Well,I was running around 7950-8050 this morning.I'm going back out here in a little while and will find out.It definitely won't be as calm this afternoon either.

7800-7900 this afternoon and a best of 66.6.Definite heat fade,but it was probably a good 20 degrees hotter and no glass water to be found.So all in all.........not too shabby.

Just bought me an Etrex the other day too Bert. Tried it out yesterday. Stock with exception of OPAS blockoff. Best run with 4 bars of fuel was 68.4 . Even with my fat ass on her this ski hauls!

Quote Originally Posted by holyfir
    Just bought me an Etrex the other day too Bert. Tried it out yesterday. Stock with exception of OPAS blockoff. Best run with 4 bars of fuel was 68.4 . Even with my fat ass on her this ski hauls!
    Hey Holyfir, I go to Grennville every January for the Henry's Show, nice town.

Some Useless Garmin info

I ran a 13.2 in my houseshoes in the front yard last night,lol.My son ran an 18.9 on his bike.I also noticed my truck speedo is a hair fast.Does not work indoors very well.Still need to read the damn directions sometime though.

For a basic GPS,this thing is pretty cool.Ok,so I'm a little geeky here but I have been messing around with it and it will plot a course(the "go to" feature) to anywhere you make a waypoint.I marked a waypoint at work then used that feature on the way home today and it was perfectly accurate to my driveway.You can use the GoogleEarth program to get latitude/longitude coordinates and create waypoints remotely.I guess I am doing all of this to justify my purchasing it to my wife,she said something like "$100 just to see how fast your mistress can go"?rofl

Re: I broke down and got a Garmin Etrex

Quote Originally Posted by BertInTexas
    Tried it out this morning and got a 68 even on my first run,then 66's & 67's from then on. I am fairly happy with the numbers,as I am still bone stock and have almost 60 hours on it now.Now I'm curious about how much of that I will lose in the afternoon heat.It was in the mid 70's and glass smooth this morning.

After your review I picked up one at Wallys. The speed functions are pretty easy to use even when you do not read the instructions.Finally tested after the long 10 hour breakin. Best 69.9 choppy water, temp low 80s, stock with trued rided plate.This machine is a beast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information