Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Lightbulb The persuit off speed

I have a 2000 RX for some time now. Installed factory twin pipes on it , 50 mm buckshot carbs, M16 reed valves and intake,155 skatrack pump with 16/24 ,I bought larger pistons and bore the cilinders (the engine is 1017 cc more or less) Change the stock mpem with an RXX mpem. TDR waterbox, Worx sponsor ,R&D ride plate and intake grate. planing on installing an R&D Head.The bottom end is stock

I do most off the work exept for the carb tunning (a friend off mine does'it) The ski has been sleeping for two years and recently here in Puerto Rico some seadoo races were made and got my blood running again. My goal is to reach 80 mph as far i was doing 68 mph. I'm aware that I have many parts to work with but in my pesuit recently bought a MSD module with external coils . The guy told me that i have to change the magneto flywheel from a 98 model 951 becasue off the electrical sistem change .

Been a 2000 model can anybody tell me wich cables to wire so i can hook up the MSD (some pics woud help) and wich timming curve to start setting..?

Anny sugestions in general about reaching 80mph with the parts that i have woudl be appreciated.What fuel can i use (some pepople here are using liquid nitrus from R/C gas car)Or what the call NitroMethane Thanks for the time and read..

+1
    That ski must be fun to ride. Where you are at right now is @ the top of its performance. You are not going to get to 80.

+1
    Congrats . Finnally another 00 RX running strong.

+1
    Welcome to the forum !!

Keep those RX's alive !

+1

Nitro fuel. . . .

i have heard of that to but not in a jet ski i supposed it could work. I have heard of a guy on different forum who used a bottle on his RX. He didn't give any details but just said it was a kinda one and done ride ha. So you could look into that ???

+1
    We have several RX's. In total, I think we have 7 or 8 of them. We had a yellow/black one, 2001 RX that was sweet. I really liked that ski.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Like was said, your almost at the TOP speed right now, your TDR box, R&D plate and grate are slowing you down, maybe 1- 1.5 MPH. The MSD ing isn't going to get you anything, its a waste. your gonna have a hard time getting the R&D head to work with the 1017 overbore. What you didn't share is what head and who cut it your using now and maybe your comp & squish readings.

TLR

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by TLR View Post
    Like was said, your almost at the TOP speed right now, your TDR box, R&D plate and grate are slowing you down, maybe 1- 1.5 MPH. The MSD ing isn't going to get you anything, its a waste. your gonna have a hard time getting the R&D head to work with the 1017 overbore. What you didn't share is what head and who cut it your using now and maybe your comp & squish readings.

TLR
    +1

+2

+1

Thumbs up thanks all

Thank you all for the comments.

Was'nt aware off the squis measurments until read about it in the seadoo 1998 hand book. I'm using a head that has 10mm cut off it quite sure that the squish is bad because im getting 147 psi more or less. That's what got me thinking on the R&D head with racing domes( A friend gave me one with the domes wrecked but they can be changed)

Was the msd such a bad idea?? A friend of mine told me that the stock RXX mpem can be tuned matching the letter on the cases. But with the MSD can that be override? The timming curve it's relevant in performance right? And so the rpm range?

I have a stock GTX DI Water box.Will it work better than the TDR?

In my persuit off speed even tougth off NITRUS OXIDE.. and proper tunning. How about it. ?

Once again thanks all for the time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information