My Question for the weak(ride plate?)

I have noticed on the sea-doos that they silicone the ride plate. Now when I removed mine yesterday there was no silicone. I pmed ABBOTT asking him about some other stuff to do with that area of the ski. My question is, would we benifit from sealing it? Should I fill in the seams after I install it? I know the factory does not seal them, just wondering.

+1
    No need to silicone it.As far as asking Abbott about stuff,he will only tell you to color it with Crayola Crayons.His favorite color is white/pink.

The ride plate goes off and on way too much to worry about sealing it. Seal the pump shoe and fill in the bolt holes with Marine expoxy.

Thanks guys. Just checking. I have a coouple of sea-poops to rape, dont want to leave anyhting on the table.

Abbott told me to color it violet and magenta

+1
    Ha ha guys, ver F-N funny.....

Yea myth, just fill the bolt holes. No need to worry about the actual seems around the edges.

We dont gain any speed from sealing the edges? If the ride plate comes on and off so much, why are we epoxying the bolt holes?

+1
    oops, my bad---the grate will be the one thing that you do not fill. Just the Tabs and Plate (once they are where you need them of course).

Okay so fill the edges of the ride plat and the trim tabs? And leave the intake grate alone?

+1
    As you dial in your boat, you will find that you stop removing components. Make sure your shoe and intake are lined up properly. Then and only then do you seal and expoy the holes on them as if you won't remove them again.

The ride plate is generally the last component that you epoxy the holes because we adjust the plate the most. Once you get the plate adjusted the way you like, seal the holes.

By the way, you are sealing the holes because the boat is not traveling flat through the water. It is traveling at an angle. The water therefor hits the holes at that angle and it slows the boat down. You are the one who said that you did not want to leave anything on the table..... every little bit helps.

Thread Information