Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: special tools?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Osage Beach, MO
    Posts
    51

    special tools?

    My rxt-x has 52 hours on it, so i decided i'm going to put the riva washers in it to be on the safe side and hopefully don't have to rebuild the supercharger til 150 hours. I'm just wandering if there is any special tools needed to replace the washers, like tools that are made for the supercharger?


  2. #2
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Yes, there are a few tools you will need if you plan on working on your charger. You will need the riva shaft holder, sea doo gear holder, and a decent torque wrench. Everything except the torque wrench is available in the online store. Here's a link to the page.

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...ex&cPath=18_11


    This may be a better option for you.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

  3. #3
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by yfzboy18 View Post
    My rxt-x has 52 hours on it, so i decided i'm going to put the riva washers in it to be on the safe side and hopefully don't have to rebuild the supercharger til 150 hours. I'm just wandering if there is any special tools needed to replace the washers, like tools that are made for the supercharger?
    You will need to rebuild at 100 hrs. Ski will flash you a message and if you don't have it serviced any warranty time you have left will be voided. 150 hrs is a lot to ask out of the bearings anyways.

  4. #4
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    So it sounds like you either get your warranty voided if you don't get the SC rebuilt at a dealer at 100 hours, or you pay the dealer for the SC 100-hour rebuild and (probably) the 100-hour service as well... Ron

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Osage Beach, MO
    Posts
    51
    thanks guys, well i got a 2 year warranty on mine so i have one more summer left on it and expect to have around 100 hours on it at the end of the summer so should i pay 160 bucks for the tools and washers and install the washers now or wait til the charger goes and seadoo has to fix it all if it happens this summer?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by yfzboy18 View Post
    thanks guys, well i got a 2 year warranty on mine so i have one more summer left on it and expect to have around 100 hours on it at the end of the summer so should i pay 160 bucks for the tools and washers and install the washers now or wait til the charger goes and seadoo has to fix it all if it happens this summer?
    That all depends on how good and knowledgeable are to take this task of rebuilding your own Super Charger buying the tools is only part of the equation waiting for something to blow up and let your "Warranty" take care of it all scenario is always a double edge dagger in my book. You might be down in the middle of peak riding season and stuck with paper work all summer while your friends are having fun jetsking...just my .02 cents

  7. #7
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    The SC tools are cheap... it's the torque wrench needed thats expensive

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    So it sounds like you either get your warranty voided if you don't get the SC rebuilt at a dealer at 100 hours, or you pay the dealer for the SC 100-hour rebuild and (probably) the 100-hour service as well... Ron
    That's about right

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    The SC tools are cheap... it's the torque wrench needed thats expensive
    That true! some of the tools you can even make it if your good, but if your Superdave.......he goes next door and borrows it like an old lady borrowing a cup of sugar from his next door neighbor....BET!!!!!! .....PERIOD!

  10. #10
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    That true! some of the tools you can even make it if your good, but if your Superdave.......he goes next door and borrows it like an old lady borrowing a cup of sugar from his next door neighbor....BET!!!!!! .....PERIOD!
    BET..... PERIOD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Where to buy the special tools to rebuild the pump.
    By 2nGlenn in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 03:59 AM
  2. another special tool??
    By JimC in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 12:31 AM
  3. Special tool help
    By virageracer in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 08:59 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 10:14 AM
  5. Engine Removal---What Special Tools
    By Big Red Monster in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •