help!! with my rxp-x

hi, the mods i have are 4" air, cut grate, ride holes filled, catch can and a remapped e.c.u. Was getting on gps 74.5 mph, now i've found it is hitting the limiter out the hole. Thinking of bending prop 1mm on trailing edge, has anyone tried this mod. i dont need top speed as i race, but will this help me out the hole. what should be the rev range for this mod, as i am getting 8280-74.5mph thanks.

+1
    Welcome to the forum!!!

If your running the stock prop it really needs to get reshaped from top to bottom. The stock prop needs the entire leading edge worked in orderto come out of the hole with any respect. Adding or taking a mill out of the trailing edge will have an effect on rpm and a little speed but IMO is not the way to do it.

+1
    You sure you're hitting 8280? Rev limit on the "X" is 8200. I would definitely repitch 1-2 mm or get a 15/22r for it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Welcome to the forum!!!

If your running the stock prop it really needs to get reshaped from top to bottom. The stock prop needs the entire leading edge worked in orderto come out of the hole with any respect. Adding or taking a mill out of the trailing edge will have an effect on rpm and a little speed but IMO is not the way to do it.
    +1 IMO, Duke no's better then I but if your looking for best holeshot then look at repitching your prop entirely. It will pay off in the end. Just adding to end of blade will help in getting you off limiter some, but want help holeshot or acceleration any.

If you prefer to buy new prop, then for holeshot and best out of the box pitch is the R and D pro pitch. I think Jerry is selling the R and D pro pitch for RXP-X in the store now.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    You sure you're hitting 8280? Rev limit on the "X" is 8200. I would definitely repitch 1-2 mm or get a 15/22r for it.
    Yeah the ecu i have the limitter is 8400. Thanks guys for all your help can someone tell what the stock prop is eg 15/22.
    What prop do u think would work well racing and not loosing to much up top?

+1
    stock is suppose to be 14/23 but mine was more like 12.5-13/21.5-22
    I would be willing to guess most stockers avg 13/22.

IMO, the best prop out of the box that i have tested is the R and D pro pitch. For T-X is 13/23, but i think for RXP-X is 14/24.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    stock is suppose to be 14/23 but mine was more like 12.5-13/21.5-22
    I would be willing to guess most stockers avg 13/22.

IMO, the best prop out of the box that i have tested is the R and D pro pitch. For T-X is 13/23, but i think for RXP-X is 14/24.
    ok is there a website were i can get one from?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    ok is there a website were i can get one from?

here you go

+1
    Doesn't Jerry carry them in the online store? If not then RD-Performance will have them.
    R&D Pro Pitch Impeller

The R&D Pro Pitch 14/24 Solas Concord 4-blade Impeller is a custom Pro Pitch Tuned impeller that meets the performance demands of the R&D Performer Kit. R&D stocks a complete line of Pro Pitch Impellers that are guaranteed to out perform out of the box Solas impellers. R&D maintains the superior, high-performing polished finish that comes on every Solas impeller. Performance gains include reduced cavitation, increased acceleration and a 1-2 mph top speed improvement in rough water conditions.

http://www.rd-performance.com/newProducts/index.asp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Doesn't Jerry carry them in the online store? If not then RD-Performance will have them.
    R&D Pro Pitch Impeller

The R&D Pro Pitch 14/24 Solas Concord 4-blade Impeller is a custom Pro Pitch Tuned impeller that meets the performance demands of the R&D Performer Kit. R&D stocks a complete line of Pro Pitch Impellers that are guaranteed to out perform out of the box Solas impellers. R&D maintains the superior, high-performing polished finish that comes on every Solas impeller. Performance gains include reduced cavitation, increased acceleration and a 1-2 mph top speed improvement in rough water conditions.

http://www.rd-performance.com/newProducts/index.asp

If you click on the pic of prop i posted it takes you to the store and is the prop for RXP-X. That pic looks like 3 blade but the R and D props are 4 blade.

Thread Information