Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Smile New Polaris Owner (Against Everyones Advise).

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 2000 Polaris 1200 SLX in mint condition.
    It has only just been ran in since a full engine rebuild and complete new pump from a very well know ex-Polaris dealer over here.

I have moved over from building and owning a stand up as I couldn't get away with them. Everyone was telling me not to buy a Polaris and I do understand that they don't make skis anymore, but I love this ski..!

I was wondering what is still available for these skis? Performance parts and such like would be great. I was also wondering if there are any/all mods there are to improve the way it handles (if it needs it)...

Thanks for any and all advise in advance... Kelvin

+1
    congrats on your new purchase

Thanks, I am really looking forward to getting to grips with it...

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

There is plenty of parts and upgrades for the 1200 great machine and lots of power.. Take some time and browse the forum for how to's and mods for your SLX..

+1
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on a great purchase. The SLX is a fine machine. As mentioned, there is lots of stuff that can be done to your machine. Take some time to sift through the forum threads that already exist and then we can get back to you on personalizing your ride!!!

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=2000+slx+mods

Oh, we all LOVE pictures around here!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

If you need them, there are many Polaris factory Service Manuals available - click here. Some of us also have printed versions of other manuals. If you have questions, just ask.

There are a number of source for new and used Polaris parts. More info here, and here

I don't own one, but others have commented that the handling of the SLX 1200 machine is very good. The SLX already has most of the go fast parts from Polaris as stock.

Depending on the type of water you ride in (smooth, rough, ocean) there are aftermarket ride plates and hull sponsons, possibly an impeller change. Engine power can be boosted by increasing compression (premium fuel required), or with the installation of hard to find triple exhaust pipes.

The easiest way to confirm that your engine is actually producing its full power is to record the peak sustained engine RPM at full power, and the GPS recorded top speed.

On Green Hulk, the Search function is your best tool.

BTW, we love to see photos of your ride, and anything you might have questions about. The guys on here can spot upgrades, modifications, and often see possible problem spots with things that might look fine to an unfamiliar eye.
    Last edited by K447; 01-13-2009 at 08:20 PM.

+1
    The Slx Is a great ski The first thing i would get is the polaris hood strap if it does not have it installed already i lot of guys have lost there hoods
    As far as handling i would get an 650 r&d intake grate and an ocean pro long ride plate for it this will lose you some top speed but will keep you hooked up better .
    I think you will love it they run about 60-63 mph pretty consistantly .

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Geordie.

What type of water conditions do you NORMALLY ride in? That way guys can make suggestions that help improve what it is you're looking for.

Often you trade one thing for another. If you want acceleration, you usually sacrifice top speed, and vice versa. That's why we ask what you specifically are looking to gain.

What is it about the handling you dislike? If the ski is porpoising (skips), you can get a longer ride plate. Those usually knock off a few MPH on top, but greatly improve handling. The R&D scoop intake grate is a good part, it doesn't affect top speed much and really helps to keep the ski hooked up in rougher water.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1

Lucky man...

I would love to have a 1200 slx. Enjoy your new ride.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Congrats
    Welcome To The Hulk you found the best place for polaris,ski,and people..(look for riding groups)
    lets see some pics of it..........
    take some time and look around,,,, try the search feature and hide your wallet j/k sorta hahahahahahahahaha
    enjoy and have fun
    mattman

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information