Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pipes, pipes and more pipes

As many of you know, I'm the proud owner of a '97 Bullett Carbon Fiber GP. Since I bought the boat in the fall of '04, I've been resurrecting it from the dead. I've tried several times to outfit this boat with a twin pipe exhaust....I've had limited success. I've had pipes in it, but they've never fit the way I wanted them to....rubbing too much on the inside of the hull. Mind you, I haven't cut any of the pipes to make them fit. I've been constantly searching for the right combination of "mass produced" pipes to fit correctly. I thought early on that a rear chamber from a set of GP1200R pipes would work on the rear cylinder, and either the front chamber from a set of GP800/1200 pipes or the front or center chamber from a set of Speedwerx pipes for the front cylinder.

I have been unable to purchase just the rear chamber from a set of GP1200R pipes for a reasonable price until recently...thanks Kansasgpr.

I've got all the pieces I think I need now. I've got to pull the Neptune exhaust(seadoo 787) and custom exhaust manifold off the 927 now and start fitting. I'll keep you guys posted with pics and updates. I'm very excited! I think I'm finally going to have twins that I can live with on my baby! Wish me luck!

Pics and updates to come.....
    Mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cfgp927 View Post
    As many of you know, I'm the proud owner of a '97 Bullett Carbon Fiber GP. Since I bought the boat in the fall of '04, I've been resurrecting it from the dead. I've tried several times to outfit this boat with a twin pipe exhaust....I've had limited success. I've had pipes in it, but they've never fit the way I wanted them to....rubbing too much on the inside of the hull. Mind you, I haven't cut any of the pipes to make them fit. I've been constantly searching for the right combination of "mass produced" pipes to fit correctly. I thought early on that a rear chamber from a set of GP1200R pipes would work on the rear cylinder, and either the front chamber from a set of GP800/1200 pipes or the front or center chamber from a set of Speedwerx pipes for the front cylinder.

I have been unable to purchase just the rear chamber from a set of GP1200R pipes for a reasonable price until recently...thanks Kansasgpr.

I've got all the pieces I think I need now. I've got to pull the Neptune exhaust(seadoo 787) and custom exhaust manifold off the 927 now and start fitting. I'll keep you guys posted with pics and updates. I'm very excited! I think I'm finally going to have twins that I can live with on my baby! Wish me luck!

Pics and updates to come.....
    Mike

Awesome Deal.....Mike......keep us posted!

Mike P

A few pics of the Neptune exhaust installed, and one of the new rear chamber (not yet installed). Too many other irons in the fire to jump right in today...probably be a week or two before I get anything done......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neptune1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	111885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neptune2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	111886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neptune3.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	111887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neptune4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	111888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neptunecoupler.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	111889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fpprearchamber.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	111890  

+1
    looks awesome

you make us 800 owners proud

+1
    Take your time Mike, one piece at a time...I am excited for you. It looks good so far.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Take your time Mike, one piece at a time...I am excited for you. It looks good so far.
    Mike....got your message....call you at the same number?

so are you not going with the 66v idea?

+1

Still accumulating parts for the trial fit on the 66V Jon.....going to try to fit twins in this thing now!!!! I'll keep you posted of the progress on the 66V transplant....I need one more thing to do NOW....LOL Let's see: project 1977 Datsun 620, 1986 Ford F150, Silver '97 GP1200, twins in c/f GP....trial fit 66V in c/f GP....constant tweaking to my son's 1995 honda Civic etc....Sure glad it's winter and I can't play golf or ride!
    Mike

gotcha, I sure hope the twins fit! you need to start prioritizing those projects. You see the C/F is first, gp1200 is second, f150 is third because its a ford, 4th civic to keep your son busy, then some datsun. Some place in the middle of all that mess, GH to keep us updated!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information