+1

looking for drive on boat lifts or boat lift ideas

i have Ive been looking at drive on jet docks cause im to tired and lazy to drive across the street to the ramp. Ive looked at the ez dock and jet dock but they seem like to much money. Is they any other companys that make these? im also up for any other diffrent ideas people may have about lifts.

Here a view of the back of the cottage, i need a lift that i can mount along side the seawall but also need to be removable

I looked at everything of every type and every price range and went with AirDocks for my Challenger 2000 and two jetskis. The C2K lift was about $2500 and the jetskis were about $600 each. Easy to put in and take out, easy to store (just roll them up and toss them in the basement), and with three years on them they've been very rugged and very reliable. I had the boat lift for two years and liked it so much that when we got the jetskis I ordered the jetski versions immediately.

Highly recommended. No association except as a very satisfied repeat customer.

http://www.airdock.com

By the way, one reason I didn't go with the drive-on "lifts" is because anything on their surfaces will get scraped and scratched across your gelcoat every time you go on or off. Normal lifts, such as the AirDocks or standard mechanical framework lifts, move straight up and down so things aren't scraped across your hull. Just something to think about.

If you get a Jet Dock, get enough squares to add to each side so that you can walk around the ski to put the cover on. At my marina, I can only get to one side. Also, if you are getting a longer ski, like the RTX IS, make sure the dock is long enough to get the entire ride plate out of the water. otherwise, whatever is left in the water corrodes... Ron

+1
    thanks for all the info. I like the prices of the air dock, only $1500 for the one i would need. Im forsure going to look into this lift alot more. I also agree with the drive on lift possible scratin the hull witch is another reason i dont like pulling it on and off the trailer 4 times a week get to be a big pain in the but. Also i see they say to tie off all 4 corners of the air life, is it possible to only tie of two coners to the seawall? and my canals water levels go up and down alot by about 4ft would this be a problem with the air lift? Oh and for the record i own a 2004 sportster 4tec, not sure why its not showing in my avtar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    thanks for all the info. I like the prices of the air dock, only $1500 for the one i would need. Im forsure going to look into this lift alot more. I also agree with the drive on lift possible scratin the hull witch is another reason i dont like pulling it on and off the trailer 4 times a week get to be a big pain in the but. Also i see they say to tie off all 4 corners of the air life, is it possible to only tie of two coners to the seawall?
    You use a frame for that application. The website has illustrations. We use a frame at our lake place to have the AirDock sit next to our dock. Very straightforward. Here's the webpage that shows the use of frames:

http://www.airdock.com/installa.htm

my canals water levels go up and down alot by about 4ft would this be a problem with the air lift?
    No, by definition the AirDock rises and falls with the water level. No getting stranded as with mechanical lifts. Our lake level varies during the season too and I never have to think about it.

It's a really good solution, which is why I chose it after researching everything out there.

+1
    thank for the info..... I saw the frames on there site, there pvc but could i just make it my self instead of buyin it from them? im not worried about not being able to get the boat off we have a lift for the big boat and have never had a problem like that and are canel is ALWAYS calm as glass. Also hows it look with the boats off of it, does it look out of place at all?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    thank for the info..... I saw the frames on there site, there pvc but could i just make it my self instead of buyin it from them?
    Yes, they include instructions. You don't have to buy the parts from them. In fact they will only sell you the smaller, harder-to-find parts. You have to get the "sticks" of PVC pipe locally anyway.

Also hows it look with the boats off of it, does it look out of place at all?
    It basically vanishes. The airbags are black and when deflated sort of lay on/under the water so you don't really see them. The frame is visible but because it's nice and rectangular it just looks like some "installation" on the surface.

Thread Information