Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

HOW TO: Convert RXT to X pump shoe/plate

This is just the beginning of my how to. Special thanks to those that have help point me in the right direction so far - Brett at JetTrendz (will be the one putting it back together), caymanRXT, 05Limited, dhoad, ActionR32, scoepp, and Snoman (hope I didnt leave anyone out).
    Tired of always having problems with your crappy pump shoe design on the RXT? Here is a solution. Since my inserts came out and obviously epoxy didnt work I decided I mam going to upgrade to the RXT-X rideplate which has all 3 mounts for the intake grate in the rideplate and eliminates the pump shoe inserts. Considering they changed the design on the X boats SeaDoo must know there is a problem.

So far here is what I know that is needed and as I go along I will continue to update this thread.

• 08 RXT-X rideplate and hose fittings (I will be having Jim do his magic on it since it will be new and already out.)
    • 08 RXT-X Intake grate of your choice
    • 08 RXT-X Pump shoe
    • 08 RXT-X drive shaft
    • 08 RXT-X retaining clip (I am also replacing carbon seal since I will have it all apart).
    • 08 RXT-Bolts for pump shoe in and out (RXT uses studs and nuts).
    I didnt do an actual step by step on removal of these items as they are pretty straight forward, remove all bolts/hoses and remove item with a little persistance.
    • Picture 1 and 2 - Shows the problem, ripped out pump shoe inserts, broken rideplate tab, and broken intake grate.
    • Remove pump assembly.
    • Picture 3 - Remove rideplate (smallest jack I had ). Remove the six bolts and hoses from the inside. If you can remove the plastic fittings on the inside you will save your ridplate. Mine was broken and couldnt get them out so I just broke them when prying it out. Use the jack to pry it out. As it drops down cut silicone where you can from around the sides. Continue to increase the hight of the jack till rideplate is free.
    • Picture 4 and 5 - Remove pump shoe (I ran out of screw drivers ) Actually wasnt too bad removing this. Remove all hoses on the inside and nuts. I cut the center of the pump shoe out with a sawzaw which seemed to make it easier to remove. Continue sticking knives and screw drivers between the pump shoe and hull to work it free till it pops free. Biggest pain looks like the clean up of the old silicone, looks like there is about a gallon's worth in there.
    • Before you can pull the pump shoe completely off you must take the steering and reverse linkage off. I put the parts back on so they are not lost once the pump shoe was off.
    • Remove all the wonderful silicone left on the hull.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05614.JPG 
Views:	375 
Size:	593.7 KB 
ID:	111895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05638.JPG 
Views:	331 
Size:	608.0 KB 
ID:	111896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05640.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	602.4 KB 
ID:	111897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05641.JPG 
Views:	401 
Size:	548.8 KB 
ID:	111898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05644.JPG 
Views:	396 
Size:	552.5 KB 
ID:	111899  
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 01-16-2009 at 10:14 PM.

+1
    NIce write up Gus

Keep em coming. You will be happy once all is done.

+1
    Damn, you really got down to business today, nice work!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    This is just the beginning of my how to.
    Tired of always having problems with your crappy pump shoe design on the RXT? Here is a solution. Since my inserts came out and obviously epoxy didnt work I decided I mam going to upgrade to the RXT-X rideplate which has all 3 mounts for the intake grate in the rideplate and eliminates the pump shoe inserts. Considering they changed the design on the X boats SeaDoo must know there is a problem.

So far here is what I know that is needed and as I go along I will continue to update this thread.

• 08 RXT-X rideplate and hose fittings (I will be having Jim do his magic on it since it will be new and already out.)
    • 08 RXT-X Intake grate of your choice
    • 08 RXT-X Pump shoe
    • 08 RXT-X drive shaft
    • 08 RXT-X retaining clip (I am also replacing carbon seal since I will have it all apart).
    • 08 RXT-Bolts for pump shoe in and out (RXT uses studs and nuts).
    I didnt do an actual step by step on removal of these items as they are pretty straight forward, remove all bolts/hoses and remove item with a little persistance.
    • Picture 1 and 2 - Shows the problem, ripped out pump shoe inserts, broken rideplate tab, and broken intake grate.
    • Remove pump assembly.
    • Picture 3 - Remove rideplate (smallest jack I had ). Remove the six bolts and hoses from the inside. If you can remove the plastic fittings on the inside you will save your ridplate. Mine was broken and couldnt get them out so I just broke them when prying it out. Use the jack to pry it out. As it drops down cut silicone where you can from around the sides. Continue to increase the hight of the jack till rideplate is free.
    • Picture 4 and 5 - Remove pump shoe (I ran out of screw drivers ) Actually wasnt too bad removing this. Remove all hoses on the inside and nuts. I cut the center of the pump shoe out with a sawzaw which seemed to make it easier to remove. Continue sticking knives and screw drivers between the pump shoe and hull to work it free till it pops free. Biggest pain looks like the clean up of the old silicone, looks like there is about a gallon's worth in there.
    • Before you can pull the pump shoe completely off you must take the steering and reverse linkage off. I put the parts back on so they are not lost once the pump shoe was off.
    • Remove all the wonderful silicone left on the hull.
    Gus

the hole on the top left side needs to be blocked with fiberglass also the holes on the right bottom side need to be enlarged one you get the X pump shoe you will understand what i mean everything is switched to the other side

your gonna love this mod night and day once you hit the chop ski becomes a vacuum with vts you should be stuck when running top speed.

+1
    See where the ribbing is on that worthless pump inlet - fill that with your best epoxy - mine has broke off - that goodness I had the R & D girdle on mine (80+) I have my fix at hand - the front of the pump shoe is shit. And get the spread freak pump shoe saver (didn't have mine yet). Plastic Aid to the rescue.

Tim

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    was just talking about this today, keep em coming

+1
    Thanks everyone. Parts will all be ordered Monday. As I progress I will be sure to update the thread with part numbers and more details. So far I figure it should be less than $1,000 for everything including the plate mod.

u should get a alignment tool to get everything stright when u put it back together

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    u should get a alignment tool to get everything stright when u put it back together
    Yup, my friend Brett at JetTrendz will be helping me with assembling this so I make sure it is done right. He also has the alignment tool.

Benefits of tgis mod? What is the aim dorry!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information