Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,888
    +1
    499

    directv with dvr???

    I have a question about my dvr with the directv service. During the national championship game at the half time show they did a close up of my son who is in the ou band and i was wandering is there any way that i can transfer recordings from my dvr to a laptop or desktop computer. I would really love for this to happen so that i can get the footage of my son . It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Kerry


  2. #2
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    You have to buy a tv card/tv tuner for your pc and hook the DVR to the PC and play the entire recording like you are wathcing it. It will save the file to the pc, then you can burn it to a disc.

    Very long process.

    I am a huge Top Gear fan and have 3 seasons of shows on my DVR that i want to get off and havent found a good tv car/tuner for my pc yet. i havent looked very hard either. I bought one, tried it and it took 3 hours to watch the program then burn it to the disc.

    I dont have that much time to waste....Got to be an easier way....

  3. #3
    100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JUST NORTH OF CUBA-- FL,KEYS
    Posts
    2,556
    +1
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    I have a question about my dvr with the directv service. During the national championship game at the half time show they did a close up of my son who is in the ou band and i was wandering is there any way that i can transfer recordings from my dvr to a laptop or desktop computer. I would really love for this to happen so that i can get the footage of my son . It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Kerry
    what pc w/what operating system??
    it might just be doable
    dell,media center,and a dell usb tv tuner(have 3 ,sold 6) and your GOLD

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    You have to buy a tv card/tv tuner for your pc and hook the DVR to the PC and play the entire recording like you are wathcing it. It will save the file to the pc, then you can burn it to a disc.

    Very long process.

    I am a huge Top Gear fan and have 3 seasons of shows on my DVR that i want to get off and havent found a good tv car/tuner for my pc yet. i havent looked very hard either. I bought one, tried it and it took 3 hours to watch the program then burn it to the disc.

    I dont have that much time to waste....Got to be an easier way....
    look for top gear in torrent downloads..i watch those on my phone in the airports so not to watch the movies i have for the trip
    mattman

  4. #4
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    what pc w/what operating system??
    it might just be doable
    dell,media center,and a dell usb tv tuner(have 3 ,sold 6) and your GOLD


    look for top gear in torrent downloads..i watch those on my phone in the airports so not to watch the movies i have for the trip
    mattman
    I have tried that torrents thing, and I think it sucks. Cant figure it out for the life of me. Goto thsis ite to get the torrents, goto another site to download the flick, do this to watch...Too many damn steps, i just want to watch the show. If you can tell me another way of getting these "torrents" I might try it again cause I love the show.

  5. #5
    100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JUST NORTH OF CUBA-- FL,KEYS
    Posts
    2,556
    +1
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I have tried that torrents thing, and I think it sucks. Cant figure it out for the life of me. Goto thsis ite to get the torrents, goto another site to download the flick, do this to watch...Too many damn steps, i just want to watch the show. If you can tell me another way of getting these "torrents" I might try it again cause I love the show.
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/1970985 from
    http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/12/
    try those
    mattman

  6. #6
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    what pc w/what operating system??
    it might just be doable
    dell,media center,and a dell usb tv tuner(have 3 ,sold 6) and your GOLD


    look for top gear in torrent downloads..i watch those on my phone in the airports so not to watch the movies i have for the trip
    mattman
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post

    Ok, so I am a computer idiot...What do I do now. Goto the first site and download the Torrent, then goto the other site and ????

  7. #7
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,888
    +1
    499
    A Gateway laptop with the Vista op system.

  8. #8
    100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JUST NORTH OF CUBA-- FL,KEYS
    Posts
    2,556
    +1
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    A Gateway laptop with the Vista op system.
    http://www.avadirect.com/product_det....asp?PRID=9388
    when installed vista will bring the tv option up on the media center in vista
    then just play from dvr box into pc ,i can help further when you get there
    it is nice to take my buds fishing videos(tape) and make a nice perfect digital videoe w/it
    mattman

  9. #9
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Just use a video capture card and run the DVR into your computer. You can get USB ones for less than $100.

    I do not like Tiger Direct - this is just an example.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...asp?CatId=1428

    From there just use Windows Movie Maker

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What not to do with your RXP
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
  2. What are you guys doing with stock parts off your ski?????
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 05:57 AM
  3. PPG power pipe, RR intercooler with all the plumbing.
    By Therock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 01:54 PM
  4. First time out with stage 1 05 RXP Not happy.
    By Fastcat in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:03 PM
  5. Towing the RXP with another boat??
    By Gforce in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •