Alberta Canada

Handlebars on GP1200R

What kind of aftermarket bars have you guys put on? I have seen a few of the pics here, but what kind and model size etc are they? I want to order the right ones. My ski is sitting barless while I decide. Hopefully I will remember how they go back together.

Beaumont, Texas
    look on the FAQ section - a friend of mine and i just did ours and it was simple, we just followed step by step what abbot said. go to a local motorcyle dealer and look at there bars. we used some made by MSR, they were polised aluminum , came with a bar pad and only cost $37.99. good luck.

Alberta Canada
    Thanks John. I followed your guide on the weekend. I'm at the put it back together stage.

One thing I didn't realize was how easy it would be to cut thru the grip and the white pvc piece in one try. No problem, a little crazy glue fixed it right up.

So, I had a few different sets of bars to try, but the first were too skinny, the next were too drap, the next looked like crap.

I was wondering what type of bars people used to get their particular ski to look good. I see the pro taper and azonic are popular, what else. And, if one goes to a fatty bar, is there a bar clamp that will work for these? Or do I have to machine mine?

Birmingham, AL / Lay Lake
    whatever you use, be sure that you get one at least 31 inches wide so that you have room for the trim as well as the start/stop all on the same side (before a curve).

Thread Information