Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New RXT owner. Pic and questions...

I pick up my 2005 RXT tomorrow morning. I already have two skis (03 Yamaha FX and 94 Seadoo XP) and figured with the start of winter here and the state of the economy now was a perfect time to add another. I found a 34 hour, original owner with all service records ski here local. Guy was asking $5500 but was able to talk him down to $4500. Came with nice comfab trailer, 2 Seadoo vest, Seadoo factory cover, ski rope, tube, etc. Think I got a pretty good deal!

I was leary at first with the low price since others local were going in the $6-7k range. Went today to take a look at it and it only has a few flaws. Front of the hull has a small spot about the size of a dime where the metal bracket that holds the roller got it. Fiberglass is not cracked just chipped. Looks like an easy fix with some filler. Seat has one small scuff/tear. Not bad at all. Besides those two issues the ski is perfect. Does not even look like it has rubbed on a dock or anything. Not a single scrath anywhere on the ski.

After talking with the guy for a little while, running the ski on the hose, etc. he offered to put it in the water for me and let me ride it. He towed it about 10 miles to a local lake and launched it for me. Road it around for about 5 minutes (42 degrees out!). RPMs came up over 8k no problem and was running in the high 60s on the stock speedo. After that it was a done deal.

Now my question:

I have read a lot of postings here in the last few weeks and have learned a lot. Specificaly regarding the washers. Good thing I found this website huh? Supercharger will come off next weekend and go out to Jerry for a minimum of Riva washers. My main question is do you think I need a full rebuild with 34 hours? The linked article on the left recomends it for high hour pre-07 skis but thought I would ask since this thing is now almost 4 years old. I plan on doing some upgrades in the future so I would more then likely pull it back off next summer anyways. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94316271_1thumb_550x410.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	112099  

+1
    welcome to the forum !

good move on sending the supercharger off to Jerry for washer replacement. 34 hours is low for an 05, good find !

congrats on your new purchase!

Banned User
    +1
    Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forum...

The SC should not have to be rebuilt, that is if Jerry can set the OEM slip using the spring washers...We have found an alternative replacement for Spring Washers, which is our work around for the rebuilds...

+1
    Welcome and nice find. I think the bearings will be fine for the time being but have Jerry give the SC a good inspection while he's replacing the washers.

+1
    Congrats on purchasing one of the best all-around performance PWC of all time. That is a great price, but then in my opinion for most consumers these things are virtually worthless without a warranty. Be sure and check your oil properly, no synthetic oil. Enjoy your ski, we have had a lot of fun on ours!

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Quick question that I have not seen asked yet. I figure since I have the SC off I will just put either the Riva II or the Green wheel in it. My question is:

What effect will the GW have on a completely stock RXT? I will be taking it out on the water a few times before I do the prop/intake/grate and was just wondering. Thanks.

+1
    For starters, check out Jerry's sticky here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    For starters, check out Jerry's sticky here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773
    Have read it about 3 times. Doesn't answer what I am asking. I understand that a GW doesn't make a good first mod. I figured since I am sending the SC to Jerry anyways I would go ahead and do it rather then pull it off again in a few months. I am simply wondering if anyone has ran just a GW or Riva II with no other mods...

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Neal... welcome!

The GW will give you a bit more speed IF you are not already hitting 8150 rpm. If so, some added impeller pitch will be needed to yield a speed gain... acceleration will improve regardless.

Since more boost means more heat, the best gains would be realized with an external IC, but it's not necessary. I think most here would agree, though, that a free flowing air intake is a must (even a cheap home spun version) or your gains will be minimal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information