Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kawasaki 260X & Seadoo 255 iS? Seadoo Opinions...

Hey Guys,

I asked this same question on the Kawasaki side but I want to see what you guys think. I know the Ultra is the best in rough water...

I have been watching this forum for about a year now and have been planning on getting a 260X until I saw all of the features that the new Seadoo iS 255 has. I talked with a salesman at the Houston Boat Show this weekend and he said the new iS 255 spanks the 260X no problem (he said he sells both). I asked him how that was even possible considering this jet ski is supposed to the meanest thing on the water and all he could say was that it was due to it being lighter...

I also like the fact that the Seadoo is a closed system so it will not require as much maintenance other than regular oil changes (so Iím told). The suspension is awesome too, but I wont know how that will affect the riding.

I just wanted to see what you guys thought about both these machines as far as power and speed and most importantly, flying over rough water instead of plowing into it...

+1
    Each ski being stock the 260X will be neck and neck with the Seadoo... the iS models are limited to 65 mph stock using a GPS.

Since they are both new models I am not sure which is going to be better getting up to top speed.

+1
    Saw your post in the Kawi section and how all the guys thought the 260X would run all over the 255iS. Thought that was funny considering none have ever ridden it. Jerry said it ran 71 with the speed limiter removed (I'm assuming thats what the other ECU did). The hull design looks much more conducive to speed and handling chop, compared to the current 3 seater Doo hulls. It also has the same snow shovel of an intake grate as the X skis it appears, so there is more speed as well.

If you can try and test ride both of them before you make a decision.

I know that the RXT IS 255 is around 950 lbs on the Sea Doo.com site and I have read that the top speed is limited to 65 moh by the GPS. I also understand that the GPS can be bypassed with a different ECU which will probably void the warranty. The RXT IS has a boat show price in Cleveland of $12999 + ... Ron

Yea I would love to test ride them both before I buy at least for an hour to see how worn out I get (and pay for the gas of course but I doubt they will let me do that). Anyway, I wont lie, I have been fond of the 250/260 ever since I began reading things on this forum.

I live in Houston, so if any of you know where to demo these ski's first, that would be great. I know there's a Gene's Power Sports off of I-10 near Baytown, but I didn't see that any of those joint stores sold Kawi.

+1
    The performance of the Kawi will depend on how much gas is in the oil at the time of testing...

Ha cheap shot my friend...

+1
    Well you did ask our opinions...
    seriously, I think the Kawi looks better, I like that new green and black one. But I am also serious about the GIO, that has been a huge problem for the Kawi boys. (you have been warned)
    On the other hand, the all-new suspension system on the Sea-Doo is unproven technology, so who knows. Personally, I think the big shift is coming from Yamaha this year anyway. Jerry says the new FZ models are pulling 68 mph out of the box, slap a few bolt on mods on that beast and watch out...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the GIO issue was "taken care of" in the 08's even tho Kawi wont man up and say there was an issue.

As for the weight, I also read on here that the weight helps it stay hooked up in the rough where as the lighter ski's don't do so well.

Again, just what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by TruStud View Post
    Ha cheap shot my friend...
    A VALID POINT THOUGH

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information