Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Straight pipe/mod water box

my buddy has a SHO and he was wondering if he can make a Straight or modify the waterbox to get some sound in the machine ? has anybody done the straight or is it not possible ? how about the box,can he do the same as we Kawi guys are doing modify the waterbox?

www.kefjet.is

+1
    If he has not removed the sound baffle after the waterbox then this will gain several DB's of sound. Do a search of the exhaust bypass and there are kits available from RIVA or R&D, also a few of us have fabricated them ourselves.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superair View Post
    If he has not removed the sound baffle after the waterbox then this will gain several DB's of sound. Do a search of the exhaust bypass and there are kits available from RIVA or R&D, also a few of us have fabricated them ourselves.
    i think superair is refferring to the free flow mod this is for eliminating yamahas sound suppression system
    as for the waterbox i have never heard of a water box mod or bypassing the water box

I also asked about moding the waterbox a while ago....there was not much interest from the forum...I have a friend with an rxp-x who took his to a machine shop and had them modify it. I dont know what they did but his ski sounds GOOD. It is louder than mine is with my mods...

+1
    Thank you Allstar71 that is what I meant. From what I have heard you will loose some bottom end from the lower backpressure if you remove the box completely.

Matt

I just gutted my waterbox on my SHO and gained 3mph on top end. Bottom end feels the same and mid range feel stronger. I am using back the stock SC wheel with 13/24 pitch.The tests were consistant. And that was on a full tank with slight chops(about 1-2ft) so due to my tests, is a good mod. I'll let you guys know how the tests go when I re-install the monster C1 wheel and repitch the prop to a 14/24. Its also louder!!!

any pics of gutting the waterbox?? what was required? Also, would straight pipes be too loud?? just take the waterbox out of the picture??

Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    any pics of gutting the waterbox?? what was required? Also, would straight pipes be too loud??
    I didn't take any pics but all you do is cut the back-end of the waterbox off and cut out the restrictor plate that is there for the back pressure then weld the back-end on. I will update my album soon.
    I think it might be louder with straight pipe. With the water box off it sounds like I was at a drag track!!! I love the sound!!! I ordered some piping, so when they arrive I will put together my own straight pipe exhaust

Thats what i'm thinking....where did you get piping??

Banned User
    +1

purpose of water box?

what is it for? just for noise reduction?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information