Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Switching to Yamaha...

Hello everyone, I am a hardcore seadoo rider, and have ridden seadoo all of my life, but I believe that it is time for a change... I recently just sold my 2000 RX and my 2 2004 rxp's and am Now ski-less and want something different, Im looking for a later model 1200 or a 2004 gp1300r, but I know nothing about them. There is a nice one in my area a 2004 gp1300r with 83.5 hours on it that I plan on checking out, any suggestions or anything I should look for? The main reason I am doing this is because I am SICK of the reliability issues with sea doo, and I do not want another headache, so any imput on a yamaha would be great- thanks guys -Nick

+1
    Welcome to the light.... you are looking at an excellent ski for first yamaha
    Change intake grate if it still has stock one.. other then that, ride and enjoy If your looking to go fast..read the speed tips stickied at the top

+1
    I just went in the opposite direction as you but I can tell you this; I will always have a GPR on my trailer.
    Just like the Seadoo, the Yamis have a few issues to deal with. You fix these items and you will not go wrong. This can be a very reliable ski. Right now you can find real good deals on used skis and parts so the must do and want to do mods will not be that expensive. Check with WFO, he is the GPR guru and even is selling a 1300 with a new factory motor for a dam good price.
    By the way, I picked up a low hour 1300 for $5K and put about $2500 in it. My ski now will run 76+ all day long and was running 77+ at the beginning of last summer, with no porting. Not to shabby.
    Good luck and let us know what you do.

+1
    http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/mcy/991290247.html this is what I am looking into, Im hopefully going to trade my 2004 kawasaki prairie 700 for it... Looks like it has the right mods, rideplate intake grate. Im just honestly disgusted about the reliability issues with seadoo, I mean come on, I go out and buy the skis of my dreams (2 2004 rxps), and then learn that I have to drop another $600 into it to change the washers... Come on man, Ive had enough, that and the fact that the VTS will only work sometimes on every ski I have ever owned... Ive had enough and I need reliability...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 20rxp04 View Post
    http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/mcy/991290247.html this is what I am looking into, Im hopefully going to trade my 2004 kawasaki prairie 700 for it... Looks like it has the right mods, rideplate intake grate. Im just honestly disgusted about the reliability issues with seadoo, I mean come on, I go out and buy the skis of my dreams (2 2004 rxps), and then learn that I have to drop another $600 into it to change the washers... Come on man, Ive had enough, that and the fact that the VTS will only work sometimes on every ski I have ever owned... Ive had enough and I need reliability...
    This is a good deal. The only other thing that would be a good idea to do is to replace the catalytic convertor with a D-Plate, do the pump tunnel reinforcement, and maybe do the waveeater clips. Off the top of my head, this plus the other items that are already done will give you the reliability that you are looking for.

As for the doo, I hear you. I waited a long time for them to work out the bugs before I bought one. I just pray that it does not bite me in the aZZ.

+1
    Looks like you have a Nice start to a bad ass Ride! Do have a 00 hull with an 07 41.6 hr Gpr . D plate, riva filter, riva efi controler. Riva Ride plate. Thanks Lee

Last edited by akatitan; 01-16-2009 at 08:11 AM.

+1
    Nice Deal! That is one hell of a long drive! Lee

+1
    The owner of that boat has been know to take a few trips a year as far east as Florida.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information